What's new

New PS2 Game in 1080i HD (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
That link doesn't work.

If it's Sled Storm they're talking about, there's still been no official confirmation of it.

CRyan

Screenwriter
I hope it does. I would like to see more than one system with the capability of supporting HD. I personally own an XBOX, but PS2 supporting HD can only make things better IMO.

C. Ryan

Al_Reb

Agent
From[urlhttp://playstation2-linux.com/faq.php[/url]
Which Display Resolutions are supported?
NTSC/PAL interlaced and non-interlaced
DTV 480P, 720P and 1080I modes
VESA modes 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1280x1024 at 60/75 Hz
It looks as though the PS2 does support 1080i. My question is how will I, or others, be able to tell if this is true 1080i or not?
What I'm getting at is when EA said SSX Tricky was DTS 5.1 it really was only 4.1. No center channel output.
Does anyone know how to check this, to see if the game is 1080i?

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
The release date is listed at March on several web sites. Anybody know an exact date? Is anybody planning on picking it up? I'll rent first chance I get to test if nobody else does.

jeremy

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Ok So SLed Storm will support 1080i, so How do I get this to work on my Mits 65807? I currantly have an RCA DTC 100 going into the Hi Def Inputs. The cable I have for the PS2 is the S Video cable, what will be required for 1080 play? And will I have to unplug the DTC 100 since I only have i set of inputs for Hi Def on the set? This actually might be nmore trouble than it's worth..

Larry Seno Jr.

Supporting Actor
You'll have to unplug the DTC-100 (A BAD converter anyway since it doesn't support custom resolutions). To output 1080i THEORHETICALLY you'll need the component video cables from your PS2 plugged into those hi-def inputs. If you think it's going to be troublesome to plug and unplug, buy a splitter.

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
I was reading Unofficial Playstation Magazine today and it said 'Sled Storm will have 1080i suppot for those with high definition tvs, making it the first PS2 game on record with progressive scan'. Not an exact quote, but close enough. It looks like it may be nothing more than progressive; not that I don't want 1080i, just not getting my hopes up. Can DTS game also be played in stereo, my amp doesn't have DTS decoders on board.

jeremy

Al_Reb

Agent
The release date is listed at March on several web sites. Anybody know an exact date? Is anybody planning on picking it up? I'll rent first chance I get to test if nobody else does.
jeremy
EB has Sled Storm listed as shipping on the 12.
Link Removed
I was planing to pick up World of Outlaws and Sled Storm, before all the 1080i hub bub, next Wed anyway.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
You guys are going to be pissed when you get this game home and find out it doesn't have 1080i support. Don't believe the press when technical issues are thrown around.

Al_Reb

Agent
Camp wrote:
You guys are going to be pissed when you get this game home and find out it doesn't have 1080i support. Don't believe the press when technical issues are thrown around
Nay sayer:) If your going to poo poo on it, at least wait until it's out and can be said one way or the other.
I remember when EA said that NHL2002 would have DTS 5.1 surround and all the tech *experts* said it was impossible for the PS2 to do that.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
OK...have your little fantasy. :)
I do hope I'm wrong...but I think we all know otherwise.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
OK...have your little fantasy.

I do hope I'm wrong...but I think we all know otherwise
Has anyone thought to /ask/ EA? I checked the official press release & it had zero mention of HDTV support. It mentioned DTS, yes, but not 1080i or anything like it...

All it takes for misinformation to spread is one print mag printing bollocks & a bunch of websites picking up on it. Like PSM.

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Shane Satterfield of Gamespot is hardly the definitive source on this, but he had this to say in today's Question and Answer session:
The PlayStation 2 is capable of outputting these resolutions only during development--not while playing an actual game with AI, textures, special effects, and so on. VESA is short for video electronics standards association. What the text in the FAQ is alluding to here is that you may connect the PlayStation 2 to a computer monitor, and the Linux kit will act as a sort of VGA adapter. Again, this statement has no bearing on production PlayStation 2 units. If the PlayStation 2 were capable of such in-game resolutions, don't you think there would have been a game that makes use of it by now?

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Is that guy from Gamespot the same one that stated that HDTV improves all games equally, so it didn't need to be mentioned in reviews?

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks