What's new

New Project - What else? (1 Viewer)

danielV

Auditioning
Hapy Holidays all. I've been browsing around here for months digesting different ideas and have reached a point where I need to finalize the home plans for the architect - building extension after winter is over (I live in Montreal so it's too cold!)

I will have a dedicated room approximately 16 X 23. I am set on front projection with 100-120" screen - need advice here. I currently have a Sony HTIB which will be moving into the den once the new HT is done.

I have no clue what to get in terms of audio! I would like a 7.1 setup although I am not sure I will tell the difference. I'm not looking to go top of the line on everything - something mid-range which will deliver good quality for good price.

I also need help on the projector and screen? Any ideas?

In terms of budget, I also am flexible. I am looking for advice and what can deliver a good quality. I am not sophisticated enough to detect minute distortions in sound or image although I would prefer minimizing any such things!

Please help! Be honest. Now is the time to spend someone else's cash!

Rutgar

Second Unit
For audio, I would seriously consider going to some of your local mid-fi/hi-fi/Home Theater stores, and talking to them. And, I'm NOT talking about Best Buy, or Circuit City. Look for a store that specializes in HT, and sells stuff like B&W, McIntosh, Velodyne, Lexicon, Krell, Paradigm, etc. Tell them your budget and see what they can do for you. Some of this stuff might (or might not be) out of your budget, but most of these stores still have quality stuff for people on a budget. Since you're talking about building a decent sized, dedicated room, it's worth it to put quality sound equipment in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks