New PDA Feature

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
Reaction score
in a word - "Golden"
Sure it just saves me the time of manually adding the page to my avantgo browser but I appreciate it.
Once again well done Parker

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Roger Mathus
This Palm icon that just appeared is very distracting. Makes it hard to ignore to read thread title. Is there a way to disable it?

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Reaction score
I agree Roger...very distracting. Maybe it can be made smaller and moved to a more inconspicuous place.
Edit: Oops, see. There's the stupid message icon that I didn't bother to check before submitting!
------------------
Bill

[Edited last by Bill Catherall on September 10, 2001 at 11:24 PM]

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Reaction score
Real Name
Parker
Mark:
Thanks for the kudos on this. It is all Jay's and Vince's idea. I am just trying to implement it.
Parker

Vince Maskeeper

Producer
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Avantgo doesn't allow any single page over 32k in size- so for the time being (until I can think up a way to make it work), it can only be used for threads under 3 pages or so.
But, it's a neat feature.
I'm not sure what people are saying about the Palm logo-
In the page view it's tiny and next to the other logos (print/flag a mod/etc)-- I would say 99% f the people don't even notice, let alone find it distracting.
In the thread index it's currently just small green dot- I'd prefer a Palm Pilot logo myself- but I'm fine with the dot (as long as it's there!)
-Vince
PS: If you are an avantgo user and would like to be able to add larger than 32k discussions to your palm- email them! Email customer support and ask them to create a feature that automatically breaks up pages over 32k in size you add you to your custom channels. This would be a feature they could write in 10 minutes, if enough people wanted it.
No need to mention the HTF or anything- just tell them when you add custom channels with pages larger than 32k it doesn't work, and that it would be more useful to you if they could write a feature which would break the pages over 32k into multiple 32k sections automatically!
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Interested in moving into FRONT PROJECTION with huge 6-10 foot widescreen? Buy my whole HDTV-ready CRT based front projection system delivered, cheap! Click here
[Edited last by Vince Maskeeper on September 12, 2001 at 07:55 PM]
[Edited last by Vince Maskeeper on September 12, 2001 at 08:17 PM]

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Roger Mathus
New size and location of the button is big improvment from the original and no longer a distraction. I hope to try this neat new feature soon.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
degroof