What's new

New Line- Three titles wanted on DVD (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
New Line, there are three films in your library that I am dying to have released on DVD. Your studio always puts out high quality DVD product, and for that, I am very grateful. I would hope you would release the following films with the same care as you put into the very best of your releases.

The Rapture- This brilliant and contoversial film deserves a SE if you ask me, and I'm sure you could come up with many supplements for such material. There is also a LD with a director's commentary from what I've heard. Maybe you could include it as well?

Nature of the Beast- Very underrated little gem that I'd love to see on DVD, and I'm sure you could include some extras as well, especially since the director has contributed features to some of his other films on DVD.

The Mangler- I think this film is very fun, and I'm tired of watching my worn out VHS. I'm sure Tobe Hooper would be up for some SE features as well.

Of course, 16x9 OAR widescreen transfers are a must on all of these titles as well, but that's a given. Please release these soon, New Line. I, along with the other fans of these films would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I would be so all over "The Rapture" if it came out. One hell of a great film.

I would also like to see Newline release, though I know that it appeals to a certain crowd, Cher's "Faithful" on DVD.

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor
Robert Altman's 'Short Cuts' is long overdue for a DVD release. What are New Line waiting for with this title?

Casey Neutron

Stunt Coordinator
I'm waiting for SHORT CUTS and THE RAPTURE too, and here's three others I'd like to see New Line release:

Gus Van Sant's MY OWN PRIVATE IDAHO
Mike Leigh's NAKED
Jim Jarmusch's NIGHT ON EARTH

John Fleming

Stunt Coordinator
I would buy The Rapture in a heartbeat if it was released on DVD, 16:9 anamorphic please. Any bonus features such as commentary (hopefully involving Mimi Rogers and the director at the very least) would be most excellent. Also, I'd love to hear this soundtrack in 5.1 surround...specifically, the angel Gabriel blowing his horn and the horseman of the Apocalypse(?) galloping down the road would sound pretty cool indeed if mixed to take advantage of the rear channels.

This is a very interesting and yes, controversial film; to say it's thought provoking would be an understatement. New Line, please strongly consider putting this film on your schedule if it's not already; by the way, if you have no interest in releasing it, please consider selling the rights to someone like Anchor Bay or Blue Underground.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
New Line, I just thought of two other catalog titles you have that I want on DVD:

The Guyver and The Guyver 2: Dark Hero- These films have loads of material that extras can be made on. A featurette on the wonderful special effects and monster suits would be great, commentary with director and possibly cast members as well, and a look into the anime that inspired these films would also be nice.

You don't seem to release catalog titles all that often, but please release the films mentioned in this thread soon, and please give them the great DVD treatment that you give to so many of your newer releases.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Aye, THE RAPTURE, and NAKED get my thumbs up for DVD release!

(Imagine a double bill of THE RAPTURE and THE SECRET RAPTURE!):b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks