What's new

New Lg LHT854 rear speakers not working (1 Viewer)

jtotheustin88

Auditioning
Real Name
Justin
Hi there all i just purchased a lg surround sound system in a box. The sub woofer, center and front left and right speakers work fine. However the 2 rear speakers aren't putting out any sound at all. I've tried them with the radio, tv and the dvd and get nothing out of the rears. Ive hooked both rear speakers up to the front and they work fine. I see the dolby digital logo displayed on the dvd player and they still dont work. Anyone have any ideas why they arent working?

Dingiswayo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
Sounds like the sound processor isn't sending a signal to the rears. Yeah, check the setup. I just found your manual online and it shows a whole process for setting up 5.1.

dvu2

Auditioning
Real Name
Daniel
Is anyone having a problem with the Radio not playing through the rear speakers? Is this a setting?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Radio is two channel stereo. Is there a setting for 5 channel stereo or Dolby ProLogic that you can try?

Edit: Also, some of these htib's only allow for stereo playback from external devices which are outputing a stereo source. They won't allow conversion to 5.1 via Dolby ProLogic/DTS Neo:6.

malc

Auditioning
Real Name
malcolm sullivan
LG HB405SU : TRY 'SOUND EFFECT' OPTION ON REMOTE CONTROL SCROLL THROUGH OPTIONS AND SELECT ONE WHICH ACTIVATES REAR SPEAKERS.

MALC

steve88

Auditioning
Real Name
steve jennings
my lg system is 2 yrs old I have problems the left rear speaker, I tested system with the sound check, I moved speaker from front to back to see if the speakers were bad and still the same problem. I don't remmeber how to recalibert the system. I am really happy with the system except with the left rear speaker

adrianebryans

Auditioning
Real Name
harry tuanquin
@ steve88 and malc, guys I'm having same problem with my new LG hometheater. Front left anr right side speakers are working well including the sub woofer but the center and 2 rears speaker doesnt work at all. Any expert there who can help me trouble shoot the problem? I already tested the sound tester trough the remote control and its working but the problem is when i play music or movies, rest of the 3 mentioned speakers never worked. please help!!!

Backtothe90s

Auditioning
Real Name
Antonio
i was was having the exact same problem with my lg surround system. However I did what was suggested and cycled through the 'equalizer modes' on my remote control until i heard sound in my rear speakers. Its now working fine with all my devices. Thanks jason.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks