New Klipsch Reference Satellites - RSX, etc

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Justin Friedman, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Justin Friedman

Have any of you heard of the new new Klipsch bookshelf reference series yet? They will be sold in packages called either Cinema 8 or Cinema 10. They look pretty sleek but I was wondering if anyone has had the privelege to witness them in person yet. Also, any idea of what the price may be? Thanks!

2. Rick-S

Rick-S Agent

Packages? I hope not! I was hoping to buy 2 for the rear. I looked everywhere including the Klipsch forum today for prices and can't find anything.

I did call a local dealer and all he said was they were on order.

3. Jimmy_zdc

Jimmy_zdc Agent

Justin,

I work in the audio/video industry and I have personally seen and held the new reference satellites. They are of excellent build quality and the new stand/feet/wall mount is much improved over the quintets. Unfortunately I didnt get to listen to the speakers since the Klipsch Rep didnt have them set up yet since this was about 6 months ago. Also they will be sold as individual speakers thus allowing a customer to create any combination possible. For instance letting them buy maybe 3 for the rears and rear center or maybe a pair for rears with maybe the Klipsch rf-25 towers or anything you can think of. Also, they will be sold in 2 different colors (black with the copper cone and silver with a silver cone). I am not 100% on the prices but I beleive the RSX-5s were $199 a piece ($1500 for 4 RSX-5s the center, and the RW-10). THe RSX-4s go for around $150 a piece ($1100 for 4 RSX-4s, the center, and the RW-8).

Jaime