What's new

New HT pictures of the D.V. HT now with SVS subs! (1 Viewer)

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
http://www.homestead.com/DigitalVort...omeTheater.htm
I figured since I had upgrade the entire speaker system including new SVS subs it was site update time!
I managed to fix up the entire page with better thumbnails that you can move your mouse pointer over to read all about the picture you are looking at and then click on the thumbnail to see a full resolution picture, but we are talking 1760x1168 full resolution pictures, so unless you have a fast internet connection you might not want to click on the thumbnails. Also the entire hi-rez picture might not fit your screen and you will have to scroll around to see everything if you monitor is set less then the above resolution.
I took off the 360 degree picture but if everyone liked that picture I can make a new one up and post it on the page so let me know.
Enjoy!
------------------
-Mark
**** Digital Vortex ****
The Digital Electronic Site
www.digitalvortex.com

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
Looks . . . Most Glorious!!! . . . and with much Honor!!! (to quote a a well known Klingon!)
Have you rewatched all your DVD's yet since you've got your JBL's & SVS's???
Looking forward to your official speaker reviews.
Phil
------------------
http://www.geocities.com/p_iturra

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Yes fellow HTFer's, it was with a lot of emails to my good friend Phil to point me in the direction of.... you guessed it, JBL speakers!!! Now who would have thought that Phil would like JBL speakers?!
wink.gif

Thank you, Phil!
Phil is it Ok to put a link to your site from my JBL review page and my links page?
Yes I have watched quite a few DVD’s thus far (the usual ones, Matrix, Aliens, Dark City, Pitch Black) and a lot of music and I a very happy camper! I can not wait till I have another HT get-together at my place!
Reviews will follow soon....
------------------
-Mark
**** Digital Vortex ****
www.digitalvortex.com

JohanK

Second Unit
Looks most excellent Mark...enjoy!
------------------
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/bbs/equipment/28687.html
Link Removed

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
Your welcome Mark! Actually, you did the research, read the professional reviews, ask me question, auditioned the S38's, then made the decision to go for it!!! You're reaping the rewards of your persistence! And coming from a previous THX HT Speaker set owner - is great praise indeed!
Phil is it Ok to put a link to your site from my JBL review page and my links page?
Please do - thank you very much! Now that you updated your site with your pic's, as I mentioned to you before, I'll be adding your Homepage and upcoming JBL / SVS review @ my JBL webpage.
One thing that always impresses my friends about my NSP1's, is the incredible crystal clear midrange, dynamic Theater playback and silky smooth highs due to JBL's strict design specifications based on their Pro LSR Monitor's. What you hear with your Studio-Series, is even better due to the larger tweeter and the S38/S36's is the home version of JBL LSR 32s Pro Monitor - sweet!
With your monster screen - one of your next HT get together's should center around the Star Wars: Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace DVD! Just don't forget to duck during the pod races!
Have fun,
Phil
------------------
http://www.geocities.com/p_iturra

Zane Johnson

Agent
Mark, first off, that looks AMAZING..Verrrry nice
second, i used to have that same Audiosource DPL proccesor.. it was given to me by my very loved Grandpa so i have no idea what it was worth...if it's not a problem do could you tell me what you paid for it? i hope i didn't rip myself off, as i sold it for 100 dollars...
anyways.....Nice setup
eek.gif

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Zane, I think you made out quite good on your sale. I think I only paid around $100 for the unit brand new off of AudioSource's web site: Link Removed which for some reason is not working at the moment.
Thanks everyone, and Jens, my next upgrade will be to a new house with a room that looks more like yours! Very nice theater you have there!
------------------
-Mark
**** Digital Vortex ****
www.digitalvortex.com

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Talking about the Master's Chair. The surrounds right behind and the two SVS subs on the side of you. That chair must be the chair that wars are raged
wink.gif
------------------
If loving Home Theater is
wrong, I don't want to be
right!!!

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Hehehehehe!
wink.gif

Actually I am very lucky as my daughter will sit through a movie only if it is "The Princess Bride" (can not wait for the new release) and she is only 6 yrs old so she can still squeeze in the “Masters Chair” next to me. Her mother (nope, not married
wink.gif
) only likes those chick flicks like “City of Angles”, so she is not up in D.V. theater much as I am always firing up the ones she hates (like anything with Arnold, Bruce, or Sylvester) so for the most part I am all by myself... well me and my ice cold beer and hot buttered popcorn!!!
God life is good!!!!!!!!!!!
wink.gif

Now only if I could hit the lottery so I could stay home and spend all my time enjoying my HT!!!
wink.gif

------------------
-Mark
**** Digital Vortex ****
www.digitalvortex.com

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
I just finished adding a navigation link bullet to the SVS install page which shows the installation of the twin SVS sub in detail. Also note the navigation link bullet to the renovation of the HT room page and the after renovation of the HT room.
Enjoy!
------------------
-Mark
**** Digital Vortex ****
www.digitalvortex.com

J

John Morris

Mark: It looks fantastic! I too am envious of the "Master's Chair". What is the little white monitor to the right rear of the chair?
------------------
Take Care,
merc

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
“What is the little white monitor to the right rear of the chair?”
Good question John... it is actually a Panasonic WV-BM900 video monitor that is hooked up to the video monitor out of the Newcastle R945. This allows me to see exactly what I have my speaker levels set at when calibrating and also I can monitor the video out of all the other devices that I pump through the R945, like when I am listening to CD quality music off of the satellite dish and want to see who the artist and song title is. No sense in wasting valuable tube life on the Barco 808s now is there?
wink.gif
Guess I should have mentioned it on my HT website page along with the AMX color touch panel and the Extron RGB switcher!!! Darn you John, now I have to fire back up Front Page and do more editing and design!!! Hope your happy now!!!
wink.gif

“Those JBLs are very sharp indeed!”
Yea Chuck, I am very, very impressed with these studio series speakers from JBL!!! I was looking for a speaker that would not only blow me away but would fit into my theater (a mere 18’ long x 15’ wide). I listened to the S38’s but they are a tad to big for my theater and I was worried about the S36’s acting as mains in the front as I could not find any reviews of them as front speakers, only reviews of them used as surrounds, but the second I fired them up and listen to 2-channel music I new I made a great choice! Also the twin SVS subs complement them perfectly. I was actually looking at maggy’s as they are very thin but a tad bit costly and I was told they have to be a bit away from the walls, these S36’s are only 5” thick and are 3-way speakers to boot and can be mounted right on the wall! As for the looks, that is just another bonus that I did not even consider as you can not see them when the lights are dimmed for Showtime! But you are right they are “Sharp”!
wink.gif

I have had Energy Take-5’s, Klipsch quintets and AT-270THX speakers over the past 3 years and now these JBL’s and they are staying in my theater! They have great detail and imaging and really immerse you in a movie or music! They are the best speakers I have heard in MY Theater and I am now 110% happy with the sound in the Digital Vortex Theater and it only took 4 sets of speakers!! I am sure you all noticed the many patch holes on the walls right?!?!, Well guess what? That is were I have had speakers mounted at one time or another! My walls would be like Swiss-cheese if it were not for spackle! If only forest green paint blended better when touching up!
wink.gif

------------------
-Mark
**** Digital Vortex ****
www.digitalvortex.com

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Mark,
Excellent!
The Vortex must be rocking now that SVS is in the house.
BTW, good work on the site upgrade. Which Web Authoring program did you use (I'm thinking of modernizing my HT site and have several options).
Thanks.
------------------
RAF
[Demented Video Dude since 1997]
[Computer Maven since 1956]
["PITA" since 1942]
Link Removed

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Thanks Rob!
I have been using Microsoft’s Front Page for several years now and have no complaints. The latest version that comes with Office XP is very nice.
------------------
-Mark
**** Digital Vortex ****
www.digitalvortex.com

GregH

Agent
Between the JBLs, pro amps and AMX your system is pretty frightengly similar to mine. Nice choices!

AVspec

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
Thanks Greg. Were might we see the pictures of your HT system? Your URL link does not seem to work? Also thanks for posting a reply in the Advanced HT section and can you tell me more about this "Niles AC-3" you mentioned there?
------------------
-Mark
**** Digital Vortex ****
www.digitalvortex.com

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I have been using Microsoft’s Front Page for several years now and have no complaints. The latest version that comes with Office XP is very nice.
Thanks for the information, Mark. I have Office XP with Frontpage as well as Adobe GoLive 5.0 (the successor to Adobe Pagemill which I used to create my current site.)
I've been vacilating between both programs. Some people think that GoLive has better features but I can't seem to get it to upload to my AT&T web pages (ironically, Pagemill was a snap) whereas it looks like Frontpage uploads to AT&T with no problems.
------------------
RAF
[Demented Video Dude since 1997]
[Computer Maven since 1956]
["PITA" since 1942]
Link Removed

GregH

Agent
I updated my link, but I don't have any HT pics on-line right now.
A Niles AC-3 is a powerstrip with 2 switched outlets and 1 unswitched. The switched outlets have relays already built into them which you could then run to your Axcent 3. You can jumper the relay on the Axcent with the positive of one of the IO ports to provide the 12-volt charge.
I believe they cost about $150.
[Edited last by GregH on August 03, 2001 at 02:27 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks