What's new

New House, New room, Opinions please :0) (1 Viewer)

ChadLB

Screenwriter
We will be moving into our house tomorrow and well within the next week the HT will be going in the basement. I would like some opinions on placement and stuff. If you go to my website you can go to PICS and then pics of new house. I have a rough drawing of what I would like to do. Let me know what everyone thinks.
I really think my drawing will work out but then I don't know what color I want the room. Thanks.

The room is more like 11' 8 " wide by 14' deep if I do what I have in the drawing.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Jay,
Are you blocked from going to any sites. Works from home, the office, other PC's. I have no problems.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Maybe it's the firewall in XP. Works on my laptop with Win2K.

Anyhoo, here are some thoughts:
  • Is there any way you can relocate your seating position away from the back wall. Nasty acoustics at room boundaries.
  • If possible plan to have your mains forward of the monitor/entertainment unit.
  • {unrelated} You might want to consider making future pictures smaller on your site. ;)

It's tough to suggest much with a basic picture. The best advice I can give is to sit down with some graph paper and draw the room to scale. Make scale cutouts of all the furniture and speakers to be located in the room and then start shuffling them around.

Good luck.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Update:
I have things setup in the basement and have been playing around with placement. I will post pictures hopefully within the next couple of days. The biggest trouble right now is rear placement.
I don't have speaker stands/walls to hang both rear speakers from and not sure which way I want to do it as of right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks