What's new

New house... New HT room... everything I wanted it to be! (1 Viewer)

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I thought I'd post some pics of my home theater as it is right now. It's around 90% complete. The major projects left are a hide-away facade to cover up the screen housing and to re-build the subwoofer (to fit back in the dormer behind the seats). The only minor touches lacking are mounting the Dolby/DTS/THX signs above the DVD shelf and adding a few other decorative touches (some movie-themed wall art, movie coffee table book). I'm also planning on putting a mini-fridge and microwave in the attic (behind the full-size door beside the DVD shelf). I have the electric screen working and controlled by the Harmony 520 remote. The screen lowers and raises automatically when the system is powered on or off. I still haven't found my X10 lighting control modules from when we moved but I need to because from the middle seat you can't reach the lamps to turn them on/off. So far I'm extremely happy with everything... the room has shaped up almost exactly how I'd imagined it!

Equipment (Installed)
Pioneer Elite 82TXs 7.1 Receiver
Swans Diva 6.1 mains, 2.1 surrounds, and C3 center
Toshiba HD-A1 HD-DVD Player
Samsung BDP1000 BluRay Player (not pictured)
Motorola 6412 HD DVR Cable Box
Panasonic AE700u HD Projector
Ultra 100" Electric Remote Screen
Harmony 520 Remote
Coaster Matinee Theater Group

Equipment (Uninstalled)
Ascendant Audio Avalanche 12" Subwoofer w/ PE Bash 300w Amplifier
X10 Lighting Control Modules w/ Remote

Kevin Stewart

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Stewart
Nice media room, but it looks further along than 9%.

You're still planning on painting the walls, correct?

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
That should've been 90%... I may paint on down the road but for the immediate future it'll stay beige/white.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks