What's new

New house, new home theater setup (1 Viewer)

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
My wife and I within about three weeks of closing and moving into a new townhouse. It has a living room that is about 18x12 that the wife has said, "This is your new home theater room."

Budget being what it is, we are NOT getting any HD content in the house (yet), so we will still be using our standard basic cable input for television. I do own a Sony 34-in HDTV, and wife has purchased the new Panny EH55S DVR with upconverting DVD for me. I am also moving my Dell 4550 desktop downstairs to act as a media center computer (Beyond TV 4.5 with a Firefly remote). It will be connected to my network wirelessly for streaming audio and video from the internet, etc.

At present, I own a four year old JVC 5.1/DTS receiver that will be moving with me. Plans are to run wires through the crown molding of the living room for the rear speakers.

We purchased a beautiful burgundy sectional (reclining love seats, center seat, and sofa), and found a very "old timey regal" 8x11 rug at the Dump to cover the hard wood floors.

As the project progresses, I will be giving updates, and will also be posting on the photo site once things get going....

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
We live in Va Beach, in the Pembroke Meadows/Pembroke Shores area. We are only moving one street over from where we live now.... New place is about 500 sq feet bigger...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks