What's new
World Wide Stereo

New Home with raw cables coming out of six outlets in a room (1 Viewer)

bananaboy604

Auditioning
Real Name
Kevin
The electrician who did the home theatre speaker connection is awol so I'll try to describe what it looks like.

On one side where the TV is, there's three outlets, left, center, and right. Each outlet has a audio cable that has marking 16awg and when spliced, it has orange and black wire.

On the rear side, there's two outlets with similar audio cable to the tv side.

On the right side of room, there's two thick wires, white (similar to the others) and a black one. When I splice the black, there's gold sheathing. What is this black and white cable for? Is it sub-woofer? I usually plug one subwoofer cable to amp, not two.

On the back right end side of the room is where all the cables from the six outlets feed to the amp.

I assume it's 5.1 speaker setup.

I want to replace all these raw cables with outlet plates.

If I wanted to connect bananas to them, would the outlet plates and 5.1 gang plate at monoprice do the job? I'm just confused with the right side where there's two wires. It won't fit into the 5.1 gang plate subwoofer (only one hole).

Thanks in advance!

Subwoofer? When I splice the white cable, it has orange and black wires.
When I splice the black, it's gold sheathing. What is this outlet for?

W
here all the cabling converge. The bottom three cables are for front of the room (left, center, right).

The top four cables are for two outlets for rear of room and the right side outlet.

When spliced, it's orange and black.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I'm guessing, so hopefully you get a more knowledgable response, but I think he put both LFE and regular cabling to the sub location; with the ide that not everyone hsa an LFE sub connection.

The bigger problem is that it looks like you were set up for 5.1, but with the surround speakers in the wrong location. The surronds should be at the sides, not the rear. If you get him back, have him add the other two.

Also, it seems like the installer didn't run any video cabling.

Yes, the standard Monoprice wall boxes are what you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrharris
Recent bookmarks