What's new

New HDTV, which one? (1 Viewer)

John McLean

Auditioning
KP53HS20 is the a 53" Toshiba HDTV that I have had my eye on to purchase. It is over $2200.00 delivered so I hope that I have done my research right and this is a great set. Would anyone else have an idea or set that might be a better buy. Thanks for any help. I will be purchasing in late Sept of this year.
John

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
Hey,
I dont know if that set is widescreen, and if your interested in that. But i just purchased the Toshiba 50" HDTV Widescreen (50H81 - http://www.bestbuy.com/detail.asp?e=...=24&scat=1470) for 2373.00 from Best Buy. Of course this set is so popular that they cant keep any instock and I have to wait almost a month before I can pick it up (it will be paid off before its in my house!!)
I would suggest, depending what you are using it for, to get this set!! It may cost a bit more (after tax and service plan 2800, after wiring etc 3000) but I think well worth it!
Lemme know what you do and how the set is if you get it!!
Good Luck!
-Jason K.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
The 55H70 is last year's 4x3 model. You should consider one of the new ones coming out now/shortly like the 53H71 instead. The old models don't do anamorphic squeeze for 480i/p images, ie. DVDs, which is very important if you want good DVD performance.

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor
I second the recommendation for the Toshiba 50H81 if you can handle 16:9. I have this set, and it is wonderful!
Just DO NOT purchase it from Best Buy... Why?
Read the following thread:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/001404.html
Buy instead from Sears if you can... They will price match the best internet price you can find.
[Edited last by Andrew Grall on August 29, 2001 at 09:14 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks