What's new

New Halloween on the Way (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
From Fango...

On the official HALLOWEEN website, HalloweenMovies.com Moustapha Akkad has announced that, yes, HALLOWEEN 9 is racing forward, a "storyline has been chosen" and the "screenplay is being written right now." After HALLOWEEN: RESURRECTION made a quick $30 million at the domestic box office (sadly, way more than JASON X), it was almost a given that the next HALLOWEEN film wouldn't be too far behind. No word on the story for this one, but the word is that casting will start soon, as a summer 2004 release is hoped for.
Everyone makes fun of them, and yet the keep on making money.

StephenA

Screenwriter
Crazy. I think all these movies like Halloween, Hellraiser, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, etc have run their courses. I wish they'd just stop making them. As long as they make money, I guess they won't stop.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I wish they'd ignore the last three movies this time, and pick up the story from the end of Part 5.

I'd cast Danielle Harris, too.

As for the events of Parts 6, 7, and 8, I'd simply explain they were all nightmares and hallucinations of Jamie Lloyd.

Of course this isn't going to happen...but one can hope.

Russell B

Stunt Coordinator
There are suppose to be 22 Halloween movies according to some guy that owns the rights or something. Years ago in the 80's i heard Friday the 13th will stop at 13 but haven't heard anything since.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I've been a sucker for the Halloween movies since they began. While on the first two actually qualify as decent movies, I had enjoyed them all for their cheesiness up until Resurrection. It had no redeeming qualities whatsoever, aside from the final shot. It wasn't even amusing in a so bad bad, it's good sorta way. How it made any money perplexes me, and the fact that Jamie Lee Curtis took the cash to do it just makes me sad. Having said that, if the premise sounds at all decent, I'll probably find myself watching it (Resurrection I skipped until my brother rented the DVD, as I had a feeling it was gonna be awful from the get-go....boy was I right).

They should have just let Michael be dead after the second one.....or at least H20, which was at least respectful to the source material if nothing else.

I do remember reading it was under consideration to go back and do a finale for the Jamie storyline, though I suppose they would have to assume we had forgotten part 6 existed or that we had all seen the Producer's Cut of part 6.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Remember when they said H20 was going to be the last one.
They lied.

I wish it would have end there.

Greed from the studios.

VinceCar

Grip
I can't see them going any more wrong than they did w/ Ressurrection. Hopefully the writers take time out to come up w/ a half decent plot, and not just throw together something that will attract fans in the commercials so they can just make money...

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
If I did a Halloween movie (I'll admit it, I have an idea for one...), I'd just make a down and dirty intense thriller, forget the gimmicks and just keep the tension going for as long as I can...

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I agree... I am not too hot on the idea of another Halloween... Why??? Well, Halloween Ressurection was terrible and one of the worst sequels ever made... It was also a slap in the face to anyone who has followed the series as far as I am concerned... Neither H20 or HR had a Halloween feel to them at all... But, H20 was at least ok as a stand alone movie... The same can not be said for HR.

H9? Well, it all depends on what kind of direction they plan on taking it in... Is it going to be another cash cow to exploit more rappers and supermodels with no tension or scares and the definition of just plain stupid? If so, count me out...

Is it going to be a decent script with likable characters? A storyline that is exciting and tense? A movie that at least tries to be decent the way a true Halloween movie should be? If so, count me in...

It all just depends... We dont even know the story yet... In many ways, the last passible Halloween was Part 4... Although, the Producers Cut of 6 was decent before studio butchering, but hardly anyone has ever seen it and doesnt even know it exists...

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
If I did a Halloween movie (I'll admit it, I have an idea for one...), I'd just make a down and dirty intense thriller, forget the gimmicks and just keep the tension going for as long as I can...
John Carpenter already directed that one! ;)

And hey, at least the Halloween series never promised a "Final Chapter", something Freddy did once and Jason did twice!

Will K

Screenwriter
Mou$tapha Akkad is the real boogeyman and he'll never stop as long as the sequels make him a buck. Can't wait to see what brilliant storyline they come up with next after the inanity of Resurrection. This series can only be made fresh and new again if someone manages to wrestle the rights aways from the Akkads, but we know that's not going to happen.

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
The films keep making money, so they keep making the films. Attendance is not mandatory. Stop going and they'll stop making the films, right?

Jan

Sorry, just feeling curmudgeonly today. :)

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I think that the biggest problem with the Halloween series is that the first film is a classic of the genre since it was a film that didn't take itself to seriously. It worked just perfectly the way it was.

The sequels that followed pailed in 'value' because 1) the films no longer had the 'shock' value of the first, 2) Moustapha is an asshole greedy MF for not letting it end, and 3) "Halloween" was it's own worst enemy in the fact that it was SO GOOD to begin with. (For the record, I love this series, but couldn't stand Resurrection, simply unneeded entry.)

I am not going to get on a Friday rant because that it my favorite horror series as most here know...BUT...what I do find amazing is how many people want to gripe that these films series have gone on...yet they will almost masturbate at the thought of a upcoming Star Trek or James Bond film.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
I remember a bunch of us watching 4 and 5 in college, and really enjoying it.

Haven't seen anything past 5...did they ever resolve who the guy was who came into the jail guns blazing
?

Simon_Lepine

Supporting Actor
It would be stupid to stop making these movies if they're still making money. Why would Akkad do that? It's not high art or anything, it's not like more movies will hurt the franchise's good name or anything. If some people are still entertained by these, more power to them. I only care about the first one but the others don't bother me, I just ignore them.

Will K

Screenwriter
Especially for Resurrection haters, I just came up with the opening sequence of Halloween IX. A year later, Freddie(Busta you know who) continues to capitalize on the Michael Myers legend. For a live TV Halloween special co-hosted by William Shatner, Busta obnoxiously recreates the Myers house massacre, complete with kung fu-feigning. Little does he know the actor in the Myers costume has been diced by the real McCoy. Once the pixels hit the air, Busta re-enacts the finale(on a set that looks nothing like the Myers house). He attempts to kung-fu Myers, who drives a butcher knife under his right knee cap and gives the leg a good, crunchy twist.

Naturally, everyone else thinks it's make-believe. Off to the side, Shatner is smiling while the live audience is cheering and screaming. Busta recognizes his foe's eyes, screaming in agony "You chicken-friend muthaf*cka!" as Myers continues to pummel him with stab wounds. Myers turns away and casually walks off-stage into the shadows. Shatner and crew suddenly realize that's not the way it happened and cut to a commercial. A mysterious figure in a bad wig watches silently from the back row of the studio...outside, Michael continues his crime spree of grand theft auto, disappearing into the night as the titles begin with another lame variation of the Halloween theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks