What's new

New DVD-A releases....Disturbed, Alanis.....:) (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Just read about a few new titles I wanted to share.
Coming soon:
Alanis Morrisette: Under Rug Swept
Neil Young: Harvest
Linkin Park: Reaniamtion
Disturbed: Believe :D
I am a huge Disturbed fan so I about crapped myself when I read that they were doing the new album in DVD-A. Looks like Ill have the Cd as well as DVD-A. :D
Alanis is cool and I like that album so Ill have that too. I wonder if they'll do Jagged Little Pill soon?
I hate Neil Young. To each their own. I know it will sell.
Im not fond of remix albums. If they wanted to do Linkin Park I wouldve liked to see Hybrid Theory released instead. (I listen to new and classic rock from the Who to Godsmack.)

Micahel C

Stunt Coordinator
Matthew, You'll be glad to know that Chris Fogel who did the mix for the "Under Rug Swept" DVD-A is currently working on the mix for a "Jagged Little Pill" DVD-A.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Disturbed... nice!
I haven't heard the new album, but the single is cool. I would think they'll jack up the bass.
Are these titles from Silverline, though? They seem to be releasing all of the hard rock DVD-As nowadays, and their reputation leaves... something to be desired.
NP: Jethro Tull, Living With The Past
Wouldn't a Tull DVD-A be great? Well, wouldn't it? Hello, is this thing on? ;) :)

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Distrubed would be a Warner release. Where did you read this information? I can't find it anywhere.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
As I straddle the fence, trying to decide between plunging into SACD or DVD-A, it seems that the best stuff is on the SACD side. Anybody know where I can see a breakdown of all titles available in each format?

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I dont post very much so sorry for not getting back to my thread.
Michael,
Thanks for the heads up on the "Jagged" DVD-A. :)
Sean,
I work in a music store and we got a ad for DVD-A to reference with current and a few upcoming titles and it had the above listed as coming soon.
Mike,
I have no idea whos doing the discs. I know they are WEA titles though. What has Silverline done?

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Rich,
As far as available titles, it really depends on the type of music you prefer.
For a complete listing of DVD-A titles available, check out High Fidelity Review....
All DVD-A titles
Wow, just noticed title count has jumped to 340.
I don't know where a listing of titles might be for SACD....
Regards,

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Boris,
Lee is saying that he doesn't like Alanis' music. And since he doesn't like it, he thinks SACD is the way to go.
Then again, I could say:
Celine Deon and Mariah Carey are great reasons to go DVD-Audio.
Since it wasn't obvious, we're both kidding :D
Regards,

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Disturbed: Believe
Hellllllll yeah!!!!
I'm not a HUGE metal fan, but Disturbed is just an awesome band... i just wish i had DVD-A capability.. But hey, they got the DD/DTS tracks on them right? :)
Yeah i too would rather have Hybrid Theory got DVDA rather than Reanimation... Good to see some 'mainstream' stuff go onto hirez formats.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks