What's new

New "Dogs of War" DVD is actually the original 119 minute UK version! (1 Viewer)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
According to http://www.dvdtalk.com/dvdsavant/s362dogs.html, the DVD of Dogs of War is the longer UK original cut version of 119 minutes & not the U.S. version which was 104 minutes, although this is not even mentioned on the DVD package. I should get my copy this week from Deep Discount DVD, I can't wait!

Jeff Swindoll

Supporting Actor
I'd bet you a dollar the MGM didnt even know this. I recall that they also released an uncut version of Dunwich Horror (methinks it was) and they didnt even know it was uncut. It wasnt until some fans found out the running time and contacted MGM that the lion put a sticker on the cover proclaiming it was uncut. Suddenly it became a selling point!! I recall reading this on the web and it's from my memory so that info might not be too reliable ;). I did a review for DVDSavant of the UK PAL Witchfinder General and DVDSavant related the story that MGM was gonna release it with the "Conqueror Worm" synthesizer score. They were able to be convinced that the synthesizer score was not the way to go. Unfortunately, nothing has gone so far for a US release of Witchfinder General :frowning:.
They (MGM or any studio) really need to get some film fans in there to check the discs out before they come out. If they pay for the ticket, I'll do it :D. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks