What's new

New Best Buy Catalog/Coupons (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
As I sit here patiently waiting for MY reward card and coupons to show up, and keeping busy by banging my head against the wall in the meantime (1, 2, 3, O'Laely...4, 5, 6, O'Laely....), I guess I will take an aspirin and share this article with you about BB's program (free registration required to view article).

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
Bettering the '4%' discount line (free $5 everytime you spend $125), you get 500 points each visit/transaction, as well as the penny-a-point (before taxes)...

Very frustrating that a recent trip to Vegas (which yielded 4 Best Buy visits in that week, for various things) didn't go towards my card (the Vegas clerks did all scan the card), since they were still in 'test' mode here in Southern California, and the Vegas outlets weren't 'participating stores' (yet- are they now? Anybody know how widespread this expansion is?)

Oh- if you got your card free, but are worried that it may be 'first year free, but then you've gotta pay'... we got our card free last year, and they just sent the new one, also for free... hopefully, that pattern will repeat...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
fromanother forum....
Just got off the phone with them. So yes, it's true. No more 500 points per visit, but she said now everything in the store counts for points. Even the peice of gum that usually wouldn't have counted. hehehe. Oh well. I do buy other stuff in there besides movies, music and video games, so that's good news to me. Though, I will miss the 500 points per visit.

Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Hey,

I have the "Wonder Book" from Best Buy but no coupons inside. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Glenn

Jeff Koch

Stunt Coordinator
I just received another free Reward Zone card from BB today that's good through the end of July 2004. They sent me one a couple weeks ago and then I got a replacement today with the following note:

"Dear Jeff,

We're really sorry for the confusion, but remember that great new Reward Zone card we sent you a couple of weeks ago? Well, it turns out there was an error. A minor mistake. An itsy-bitsy flaw. Hey, these things happen. All we ask is that you toss out the old card and use this brand-new one instead.

Not to worry, though: the same benefits and details still apply. The program still begins on July 13, 2003. And you can still use your Reward Zone card to earn points on just about everything at Best Buy...."

I'm surprised I'm still receiving all the preferred customer coupons and Reward Zone cards despite the fact I cancelled my BB credit card over a year ago. Maybe they don't even take that into consideration. In any event, I picked up Final Destination 2 and BB price matched Wal-Mart's price of $15.87, no questions asked plus I activated the new RZ card with the purchase. Every little bit helps.

Jeff

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I got my card (my wife's, actually) on Tuesday (the same day power died to 300,000+ homes here in Memphis due to straight-line winds 70-80 MPH knocking over powerlines everywhere).

Best Buy had power, though, so I went there and picked up the new releases plus some old stuff and used the new Reward Zone card. They took it well enough.

Last night, after power had come back and we looked a bit at the card, we decided to hit the website and see if the points "took". No password, though. So I called the phone # and asked about the password.

Found out a few things:

1) All the "blue cards" are "defective". They will replace them shortly with cards of a different color (he didn't know what color - Jeff Koch, what was your new one?). Save the old card and call that # and they can transfer points from the old one to the new one.

2) All of us who got the blue card will see the new one soon. We should "activate it" at Best Buy first (in other words, buy something and use the card during that transaction) and then wait at least 24 hours. Then call the phone # and they will fix up any points you are owed.

3) My letter said that card was good on Sunday 7/20th...before I got the card in the mail. Well, I bought stuff on the 20th. Can points for it be added? Answer: Sure: when I call back about the new card, give the person any receipt #'s for purchases not yet allocated to either card and they will tally up all your points onto the new card.

4) About 3 weeks after the card is "activated", you will get a kit in the mail welcoming you to the reward zone program. It will contain the password I was looking for, to use at the website. It will also have a PIN # to use over the phone to check on point total status and the like. If you "need" the password or PIN prior to that, you can call the customer service # and ask for it. It will be at least 10 working days before they have the info, though.

I hope everyone finds this info helpful. Also, I hope I get some coupons soon, because I could use a new answering machine. :wink:

GregoryP

Supporting Actor
Thanks for all the good info in here guys! I had one of these show up in the mail a few days ago and I was wondering what the heck it was. Looks like I got the blue card so I suppose they'll be sending me a replacement soon.

I wonder if they got this idea from when they used to own Media Play/Suncoast?

Gregory

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Mine's purple, and I haven't seen anything saying it's defective yet, though I haven't taken it out for a spin yet... I'll do that after Friday when I get paid. For a free program, I'll milk it this year (hell, there is a lot of DVDs coming out in the next year that I really want, and it's going to add up, I might as well take advantage of it. Hell, between Indy, Hughes's movies, Family Guy, South Park S3, the new Lawrence... etc. Boom, that's a couple rewards right there. Plus I've been looking at the Samsung DLPs... that's a couple rewards certificates right there, enough for the HD receiver and a Progressive DVD player!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

So, you can build up the points and she gets the rewards certificates? :D

Well, since today I just finalized the details about a new job, with a nice raise to boot, I just may take my DVD Player coupon to Best Buy this weekend, along with my new Rewards Card, and splurge in celebration of re-employment! :emoji_thumbsup: :)

Jeff Koch

Stunt Coordinator
The card I received a few weeks ago was the blue card. It was replaced a couple days ago with an identical blue card. The membership number above the bar code is the same on both cards but the long series of numbers below the bar code are now different. I'm keeping both cards just in case.

Jeff

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

No, Craig said if I worked for Mike I'd never see another Best Buy coupon again. :D

Yep, it worked out pretty slick. A client of my former firm is adding staff and offered me a job at a higher salary.

Now I guess I'll have to mosey off into the Hardware forums and see what DVD players are recommended these days. :emoji_thumbsup:

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
The Rewardzone program is excellent. I've been enrolled for a year- they were testing it in only the westcoast I think, before launching it nationwide.

I was pretty surprised to see a commercial for it recently, but they're definitely in public launch mode now. Definitely worth the what $9.99 admission? I've gotten about $80+ in giftcards, and I just do what I normally do- shop at best buy.

The kicker is, I got my first card for free, and they just sent me a replacement, free. The first card was a clear plastic type deal with yellow on it. Then I got the new strange fancy blue foil one recently for renewel. Then I got another one, and the letter says something to the effect of "oops sorry! throw the last one we sent away and use this!"

I don't know if I'll ever have to pay for one but that's $20 right there in my pocket.

EDIT: wow I was just checking out the new rewardzone site, does this program give you points now for 'everything' you buy? for those who don't know, the test program, points only applied for "media" purchases- cd's, DVDs, games etc. if the new program works for everything (tv's) that would be spectacular!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks