What's new

New BBC Titles- House of Cards (1 Viewer)

Greg Krewet

Premium
Supporter
Some new BBC America titles have been announced for
Summer and they include The Complete House of Cards, All
Creatures VOl 3, The Remaining seasons of Are You Being Served, The Complete Yes, Minister and 2 more French and Saunders DVD and The complete Vicar of Dibley.
Best
Greg

Craig Sherman

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent.

Now, let's see, what other BritComs are left to release in R1? These are the few I was able to run off:

The Thin Blue Line
Chef!
Only Fools And Horses...
Open All Hours
Goodnight, Sweetheart
Waiting For God
One Foot in the Grave
That's My Boy
The complete Good Life/Good Neighbors
To The Manor Born
Murder Most Horrid
The Brittas Empire
Grace and Favour/Are You Being Served? Again!
My Hero

Any other suggestions?

Back on My Meds,

CS

Rick Blaine

Stunt Coordinator
Most notable is Tinker, Tailer, Soldier, Spy. Now all we need is Smileys People.

Also, noted earlier waiting for To the Manor Born, which is available on VHS but not DVD. AARrrgh!

Also hope to see in the future ON DVD
Danger UXB
Dutchess of Duke Street
Disraeli
Pennies from Heaven (Singing Detective - by same writer is out).

It is also nice to see they are beginning to release "The Shakespeare Plays" in a practical way - they are currently also available from Ambrose Video - OVERPRICED, for educational institutions.

I am a big fan of BBC productions and anxiously await every new update to the catalog.

Rick

Douglas Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Douglas Bailey
Where is this list of upcoming BBC titles that everyone's referring to? Is there a link?

I'd love to see which of the Shakespeare plays they're doing first... I remember catching many of those on the Beeb back in the early '80s and would be interested to see them again.

Greg Krewet

Premium
Supporter
The list is at the BBC website, Upcoming DVD's. It also
includes a few more volumes of Dr. Who and Monarch of The Glen. Also Smileys People is available now as an exclusive
from WWW.acornonline.com but should be more widely available in July or Aug.
Best
Greg

James Reader

Screenwriter
Love how they can announce the Dalek Invasion of Earth and Talons of Weng-Chiang before the official UK press releases have been issued. :confused:

Looks like BBC America has more say than BBC Britain!

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
I would love to get the shakespeare bbc series - wnet to acornmedia and couldn't find a damn thing- not surprising as the search is either poorly laid out or just doesn't work on their site.

Douglas Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Douglas Bailey
Joe - the Shakespeare set on AcornMedia's site is here. It's a box set of five of the tragedies for $150. HTH.

Everyone else - I still can't find the list you're all discussing. Searching on BBC America's site for "upcoming DVDs" turned up nothing that looked to me like this list. Can someone please post a direct link? TIA...

doug (very eager indeed to see House of Cards on DVD)

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Fantastic news about House of Cards & Yes, Minister!

"You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment"

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
By the complete HOUSE OF CARDS, do they mean all three films (TO PLAY THE KING was the second and there was one other) or just all the parts of the first film?

LOVED that series. Ian Richardson gave one of the all time great performances in it.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I thought that was the complete release of all the seasons of Are You Being Served. If it is not the complete set, what seasons are missing from the currently available set ?
The available set is about half the episodes. Series 6-10 have yet to be released.

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
You have to love BBC Worldwide Americas for being so forthcoming about yet-to-be released titles.

Tentative extras for the new Are You Being Served? set include:

The Best of Are You Being Served? (1992)
Celebrating Mollie Sugden (2002)

and
an episode of Are You Being Served?, Again! (1992).

All of the features are, of course, subject to change.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
You have to love BBC Worldwide Americas for being so forthcoming about yet-to-be released titles.
And I didn't even know Campion was coming until I saw it in Tower the other day. Tough to convince myself that I can't afford impulse DVD purchases right now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks