What's new

New AV Receiver HTR-3064 (1 Viewer)

supersonic

Auditioning
Real Name
TR
Hi ,
I got a Yamaha HTR 3064 AV receiver last weekend . It sounds amazing with NS-B20/NS-C20/NS-SWP20 standard speakers .
I'd like to use 2 X NS-B20 surround speakers in my alfresco . I know this receiver is not dual channel . Is there any why that I can only use 2 surround speakers to play music in my Alfresco ?
TR

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
If you simply want to add two speakers that play at the same time as the current 5, then you could connect the extra 2 in series with the R/L speakers. You will lose power/volume.
If you want to create an external A/B switcher, I think that's possible, but not worth the trouble (and I don't know how). At that point I would just get a receiver than can handle an A/B connection.
To connect in series, connect rcvr+ to spkr1+, spkr1- to spkr2+, spkr2- to rcvr-. Do the same on the other side. Then recalibrate your system to account for the R/L getting reduced power.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
It isn't complicated....
http://www.amazon.com/Selector-Switcher-Splitter-Impedance-Matching/dp/B004ZGVU7W/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1352301786&sr=8-5&keywords=speaker+switch+matching+volume
Run your main channel to that. That to your two sets of speakers...it handles impedance and volume trimming.

supersonic

Auditioning
Real Name
TR
Thanks Al.Anderson and schan1269 . Out of 5.1 system I'd like to use the rear 2 surround speakers separately at my Alfresco and only have 3.1 connected to my TV .
What I noticed is that Yamaha HTR-3064 can play 3.1 on a pre-set disabling rear surround speakers . Is there anyway that I can disable the front speakers , Sub, Front Surround and play only on Rear surround on a Pre-set .
I'm new to AV space , So sorry if this doesn't make any sense .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks