What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

New Apple Watch (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ted, congrats on your new 38mm watch.

If this is your first upgrade since series 1 then I can imagine your surprise as to how much better battery life is.

Battery life was *significantly* improved in series 2. It's slightly better in series 3.

I really like the fact that Siri now talks in the series 3 watch. Not seeing much difference in processing speed from 2 to 3, but from 1 to 3 it should be significant as I saw a huge uptick from 1 to 2.

I, like many AT&T customers, had big issues getting our watches to connect to cellular. There was a huge issue with AT&T not being able to do the LTE pairing on the phone end. Many customers like myself had to get on the phone with an AT&T rep, give them a string of numbers off our phone and even switch to another plan that had mobile sharing on it. My upgrade was only $3 more a month (in addition to the $10 per month data charge).

Huge hassle on this end but I finally got cellular connected to my watch.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Ted, congrats on your new 38mm watch.

If this is your first upgrade since series 1 then I can imagine your surprise as to how much better battery life is

Technically speaking, my old watch was the series 0, series 1 was the non-waterproof version of last year's watch, with the waterproof one released simultaneously being series 2.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I have a funny feeling the 2018 Apple Watch (to introduced on Sept 12) is going to be round!

apple-event-iphone-2018.png

Mark

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
That’s a good guess. Or it could mean to gather at the Apple Donut.

I have a feeling the new watch won’t be round. But we shall see.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Images leaked today show it’s not round, but it is slimmer.
I’m happy with square watches. It seems every movie I see where I like the watch has a square one. Just saw one today, in fact. (Memoir of War - based on a Marguerite Duras novel/autobiography about WWII in Paris)

And, the one fancy watch I ever inherited was square.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I’m really liking the 8-complication face they showed. Not enough to buy a new Watch but it is sexy.

Absolutely! That is one nice watch face.

I’m happy with square watches. It seems every movie I see where I like the watch has a square one. Just saw one today, in fact. (Memoir of War - based on a Marguerite Duras novel/autobiography about WWII in Paris)

And, the one fancy watch I ever inherited was square.

Square smartwatches have a distinct advantage in that they can display more text information without the sides being cut off.

It really was great thinking on Apple's part not to go round.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kandids222
Recent bookmarks