What's new

New 7.1 pre/pro questions. (1 Viewer)

Jeff Engel

Stunt Coordinator
I want to get a pre/pro that has outputs for 7 speakers. I've been researching this thing for a few weeks now and don't seem to be any closer to an answer. I've been looking closely at the Denon line and was wondering what the difference was between the 5800 line and the 3800 line. Is the 5800 a combo unit and the 3800 more of a separates unit or does the 5800 have support for more newer sound formats, like a 7 speaker setup, than the 3800? I see the new Pioneer has support for THX ultra2 and 7.1 speakers but someone said to stay away from Pioneer. I was also looking at the Outlaw 950, but with the recent "AudioGate" concerning the time shifting and it's non availability at this time have me concerned.

I also looked at the Anthem AV20(?) but I think it's price is a little steep for a separates route. I want to keep my pre/pro & amps around 4500.00 dollars. I also looked at the new Rotel coming out and that seemed pretty good but I have not found a price yet and availability is another issue, ie when's it coming out? If it's within another month or two that's okay but I got a hankering to shed my Bose as soon as possible to make reparations with the HT gods and return much like the prodigal son to the gates of HT heaven. But I digress.

I've been thinking of getting the Parasound amps, can't remember which right now, but I was gonna get a 5ch and a 2ch to run all my speakers. I'm probably gonna get Paradigm Studio 100's for mains with the Studio CC for center and maybe Klipsh surrounds(2pr) and mate them all with dual SVS subs with their own amp.

With all that info, I hope someone can point me to a great 7.1 pre/pro.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Jeff,

The Rotel pre/pro is out. All the dealers I spoke with haven't received their shipments yet though. It's price is $1500.

Han

Second Unit
"DenonJeff" over at AVSForum did mention a little snippet about how later on this year, we'll find out that Denon hasn't forgotten about the pre/pro market. I can't find the thread right now to link, sorry, but that's essentially what he said. So my guess is Denon will have something similar to one of their upper level receivers except without the amp section. I hope THX Ultra2 with video conversion like the 5803:D.

Jeff Engel

Stunt Coordinator
Oh the agony of waiting! I would really like to get a top notch Denon pre/pro. I wonder if I should just get something to tide me over and then upgrade when the new Denon comes out?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks