What's new

Vudu New 4K UHD available on VUDU! (2 Viewers)

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
New 4K UHD available on VUDU
THE APARTMENT, A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS, FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, MISERY, FERRIS BUELLERS DAY OFF. Only Ferris is on sale for $9.99. Hopefully the first 4 titles mentioned will be upgraded on iTunes

Last edited:

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
SOME LIKE IT HOT looks fantastic!!! So much better than the 4K disc that was released. It must be the Dolby Vision.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Brilliant. Thank you. Kino has only had the 4K discs out for a little over a year for Fistful of Dollars, A Few Dollars More, The Apartment, and Some Like it Hot. I was afraid digital distribution would be held back for at least 3 years. If ITunes doesn’t follow suit I may end up making Vudu purchases for those.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Brilliant. Thank you. Kino has only had the 4K discs out for a little over a year for Fistful of Dollars, A Few Dollars More, The Apartment, and Some Like it Hot. I was afraid digital distribution would be held back for at least 3 years. If ITunes doesn’t follow suit I may end up making Vudu purchases for those.
Just remember that right now, only Some Like it Hot has any HDR applied to those Vudu 4K digitals.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Misery is the other Vudu title that has Dolby Vision applied. The other titles listed in this thread other than Some Like It Hot are 4K only. By the way, that $14.99 price tag to upgrade my HD digital for most of them is too expensive for me.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I actually threw away my 4K disc....the grain for me was awful. I was skeptical purchasing the streaming version but it looked so much better. The VUDU 4K, it almost looks 3D.
You don't have the grain on the digital because you don't have the detail due to the limitations of digital versus disc.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
You don't have the grain on the digital because you don't have the detail due to the limitations of digital versus disc.

I haven't bought the digital on iTunes (so far), but this makes me wonder if some who have might wanna make sure to download a copy before Apple upgrades it to 4K before long... :P

_Man_

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I wonder about that. I’ve found that my 4K streams typically reproduce natural grain quite well. Is it possible that this title has been specifically de-grained for digital release? If so despite Ken Koc liking it, there would be a lot more people railing against it for “DNR”. Either way, I look forward to getting it some day when the price is right.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Just remember that right now, only Some Like it Hot has any HDR applied to those Vudu 4K digitals.
Am I missing something? I was under the impression that the Kino discs for The Apartment, Fistful of Dollars, and A Few Dollars More didn’t have HDR either.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I wonder about that. I’ve found that my 4K streams typically reproduce natural grain quite well. Is it possible that this title has been specifically de-grained for digital release? If so despite Ken Koc liking it, there would be a lot more people railing against it for “DNR”. Either way, I look forward to getting it some day when the price is right.
There are so many variables that affect streaming quality to any given endpoint; bandwidth being the most important. If your ISP's pipe isn't big enough, or if your ISP's network is congested due to bandwidth limitations, or if your internal home network isn't up to snuff, you WILL have a lesser experience. This is one of the big disadvantages of streaming content. You may be seeing crap, while your neighbor is shouting from the rooftop about how great it is, and neither opinion is wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks