What's new

new 24/7 Video Game channel! (1 Viewer)

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
Has anyone heard, Comcast Digital Cable will launch their new 24/7 All Video Game channel on May 1 (I think thats the date). Im very excited, im just curious to see how they fill 24/7 of a channel with Video Game information...

anyone else have any additional information on this news?

Thanks!

Andre F

Screenwriter
I hear this channel consists of about 13 different shows. They are repeated over and over weekly. So I imagine it will be a little slow at first and then build up as time goes on.

-Andre

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
This isn't the channel called "G4", is it? I remember seeing/reading/hearing (can't remember) a short little clip about a videogame channel in the works and, I believe it was to be called "G4".

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Yup, G4 (don't know what it means, though).

They are also supposed to run videogame infomercials which oughta be cool. I'm interested.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
http://www.g4media.com/swf/index.asp
Check out who's hosting Arena!!
I'd assume that it'll be a bit like tech TV in that a few of the shows will be shown quite a bit (ie screensavers). I just hope that the shows are of some quality, as most of the Game TV that's been produced to date has been pretty poor and the conent tends to just be fluff (although I find the reviews on Electric Playground amusing and it looks like Tommy and Vic have their own G4 show just for that).
Icons could be quite interesting too. Video Game history is quite fasinating.

DarrinH

Second Unit
This has some potential. I hope it grows and the satellite companies pick it up some day.

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
I just hope they do accurate reviews. It would suck if they weren't totally honest because of certain advertising issues, ie. dont give a game a 90% if it deserves an 80% just because the publisher advertises on the network.
Time will tell. I wish this network all the luck in the world. I think it's one of the coolest ideas ever, but then again I'm a twenty something male ;)
-Marshall

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Maybe we'll seriously luck out and it will be the "Fox News" of the videogame world??? ;)
"Hi, I'm Lori Dhue and next we'll be talking about the upcoming Thief III".
God, I love her lips...:D

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I was hoping so much for this, but then I found out that Tommy Tallarico and Victor Lucas are going to run their reviews show.......I hated Electric Playground and I fear this channel will be like that crapy, crapy, crapy show.

BTW - anyone else watch this past weekends Extended Play? Kate Botello is leaving TechTV, that was her last episode.

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
wasnt Kate originally with Leo in the Screen Savers. That show started a long time ago..so shes actually been with Tech TV for quite some time..and it makes sense that shes moving on.

does that show still use that horribly anoying guy with the blonde hair as the host?!?! They should have paid Kate whatever she wanted and gotten rid of him!! eck!!

best of luck to Kate of course though!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks