What's new

Nero deleted directory? (1 Viewer)

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I was creating a compilation of image files and folders using Nero 6.6.0.6 to burn to DVD-R. I ended up with too many files to fit on a DVD-R so I removed one of the directories. In the process, one of the directories that was in the directory I was grabbing all of the files from disappeared. I'm not sure if I accidentally dragged and dropped it somewhere or of I may have deleted it from Nero's File Browser area. I have now searched for this missing directory using the search built into Windows Explorer along with using a couple of freeware file recovery programs (PC Inspector File Recovery and Brian Kato's Restoration) and can't find any trace of it.

Have any of you ever encountered something like this? Any idea where my directory ended up and if it's possible to recover it? I wouldn't think Nero would have actually deleted a file or folder from the PC but this appears to be the case.

Thank you.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
you may have deleted it from the browser window, in which case, it is deleted from the disk. did you check the recycle bin?

CJ

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
Yep, it's not in there either. You'd think there would be some trace of the folder somewhere but I can't seem to find any.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I'm not sure. I was under the impression that a system restore only affected system files and registry entries and nothing else. I'll look into it a bit further.

Thankfully this missing directory wasn't full of anything that was too important but it would be nice to restore it anyway. I would also really love to know what happened to it so I can avoid this in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks