What's new

Neighbors & bass- Does facing the port away from the wall help? (1 Viewer)

TommyTwoTone

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all,

I want to do everything possible to minimize the bass and vibration my neighbor hears on her side of our shared wall, before she feels the need to complain.

I already listen at -20RL and the sub is located along one of the walls perpendicular to the wall we share.

Will turning the port to face into the room rather than against the wall help reduce the bass and vibration transmitted to her unit?

Thanks!

DonnyD

Screenwriter
No, it's not gonna make much, if any, difference in how much your neighbor hears...... The best yhing you can do is to discuss your setup with your neighbor and make sure your neighbor KNOWS about it and try to plan your listening around HER schedule........ or you are gonna be in for some "door knocks"....

Several years ago I lived in a garden home that shared walls with neighbors on both sides..... but I was luck enough to work nights which gaves us days to enjoy our system...... nevertheless, we still had a complain or two from neighbors several homes away! Subs are simply NOT apartment safe........

Jeremy Swenson

Stunt Coordinator
i recently moved to a house in the country, so i can have as much bass as i want, but my wife works nights on weekends, so i tried a few things, i close the door to the movie room and listened from the bedroom and found a good number for the highest i can listen and have her not hear it, you could ask the neighbor at what point she hears it, but i am betting if its on the wall right there it wont make much difference, would it help to move it to the back of the room at all? still bass but maybe not pounding right on that wall

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.