What's new

Needing help setting up my new system Denon/Klipsch (1 Viewer)

HDMcbo

Auditioning
Real Name
Henry David
Hello to everyone here I'm new in the forum and needing some help setting up my new system, finally my basement is done and next week will be the last delivery of my speakers but my room is L=33ft W=14.5 H=8ft my seating distant between 9.5 - 11ft from my Samsung 75" tv for amps I had Denon AVR-X4700H & Sony 2ch and Klipsch set of speakers for 7.2.4
I bean researching online but my room is too long.
My family and me we really appreciate you guys advice to the best placement for the speakers
FR-L: R-620F
C: R34C
Subwoofers R-120SW
SR: RP-402S
BSR: RP500M
Ceiling 4: CDT-3650-C
Thanks

Wardog555

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Fraser
It's all angles from the main listening position.

I'll give you a rundown on angles that I suggest and it's in the Dolby guidelines.
This is from a floor plan view.

Center is 0 degrees.
Front left and right 30 degrees.
Side surrounds 100 degrees.
Rear surrounds 150 degrees.

Now for atmos.
45-55 degrees elevation from ear level.
Both In front and to the sides of main listening position.

And enjoy Dolby atmos to the fullest potential!

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Welcome!

As @Wardog555 has already stated, basic speaker positioning is reasonably straightforward. You'll want to experiment with the front L & R for best stereo imaging. Be careful with the Atmos speakers. Dolby's guidelines have a little flexibility for room considerations but I'd stay as close to their guidelines as possible.

The most challenging thing you'll likely face is sub integration and positioning. This takes time, experience and patience. My previous room was also very long. I ended up separating it and using the rear portion for a snack area.

Good luck and remember, it's a journey.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks