What's new

Hello, new to forum and trying to build my Home Theater (1 Viewer)

vivek1864

Auditioning
Real Name
Vivek
Hello all I would like to first introduce myself and maybe get some thoughts on my new Home Theater from you wonderful people out there. I would like to setup my home theater in living room, the living room is a rectangular shape of 13' x 15' but it is open to kitchen on right which is 11' x 12.5'. And also my living room has a really high ceiling as I do not have any room above my Living room and being a 2 story there is lot of empty space in living room to fill as you can see in the picture below.

Hence, some of the things I am not certain on is all the space I have what kind of Speakers would I need and what kind of AVR would I need for them.

As for audio/video gear, my preferences as of now are:

Receiver: Denon AVR-X3600H/AVR-X4500H
Front tower speakers: Klipsch RP-280F or Klipsch R625A
Center speaker: Klipsch RP-450C or R-34C
Surround Speakers: Klipsch RP-250S or R-41M
Subwoofer: Klipsch R-115SW or R-120SW
Additional Amplifier: Do I even need an AMP or will this Denon receiver be enough?

Can anyone please help me with my setup and guide me on what would be the best set up for me?

1588695073254.png

Thanks.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Welcome Vivek!

Klipsch speakers are very efficient, so the Denon should have plenty of power on its own for those. For cinema use, they're fine speakers but not my personal preference. I think there is much better value to be had out there than Klipsch, so that would be my only cautionary note. You might want to look at Axiom Audio, SVS, or my personal favorite right now - ELAC Debut speakers.

I would swap your speakers for the Debut if I were in your position, and then go with SVS subwoofers instead of the Klipsch.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Welcome! I have the RP280F's and RP504C center speaker in my room and they are pretty awesome but, as @Dave Upton alludes, speaker preference is a highly subjective thing. My advice would be to take some time and listen to a few but do it in your environment, not a showroom. The better manufacturers will usually offer some some sort of risk free in-home trial.

What do you have in mind on the video side?

vivek1864

Auditioning
Real Name
Vivek
Welcome Vivek!

Klipsch speakers are very efficient, so the Denon should have plenty of power on its own for those. For cinema use, they're fine speakers but not my personal preference. I think there is much better value to be had out there than Klipsch, so that would be my only cautionary note. You might want to look at Axiom Audio, SVS, or my personal favorite right now - ELAC Debut speakers.

I would swap your speakers for the Debut if I were in your position, and then go with SVS subwoofers instead of the Klipsch.

HI Dave, thank you. any speakers I get would be my 1st experience at it so I am really open to any and all suggestions on speakers. I'll look at ELAC (are they Altac Lansing by any chance?) and SVS. Thanks for your post

vivek1864

Auditioning
Real Name
Vivek
Welcome! I have the RP280F's and RP504C center speaker in my room and they are pretty awesome but, as @Dave Upton alludes, speaker preference is a highly subjective thing. My advice would be to take some time and listen to a few but do it in your environment, not a showroom. The better manufacturers will usually offer some some sort of risk free in-home trial.

What do you have in mind on the video side?

Hi John thanks for your reply, specially in this current circumstances it would be difficult if I would call in anyone for in-home trial may be post this craziness. Do I need to call Best -buy or anyone or do I need to call the Klipschs, ELAC's to get in home trial.

Thanks for your post.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Hi John thanks for your reply, specially in this current circumstances it would be difficult if I would call in anyone for in-home trial may be post this craziness. Do I need to call Best -buy or anyone or do I need to call the Klipschs, ELAC's to get in home trial.

Thanks for your post.

I ordered my Klipsch's via Amazon. It would be somewhat of a hassle to send them back if you didn't like them but it is possible. Always check with the seller. I'm not personally familiar with Elac but I do own both SVS and Axiom speakers and have for many years. Both are excellent and will send the speakers of your choice to you with no obligation. Axiom gives you 30 days while SVS gives you 45. In the case of Axiom you would be liable for very nominal return shipping fees whereas SVS absorbs the return shipping.

Other companies have similar programs.

vivek1864

Auditioning
Real Name
Vivek
I ordered my Klipsch's via Amazon. It would be somewhat of a hassle to send them back if you didn't like them but it is possible. Always check with the seller. I'm not personally familiar with Elac but I do own both SVS and Axiom speakers and have for many years. Both are excellent and will send the speakers of your choice to you with no obligation. Axiom gives you 30 days while SVS gives you 45. In the case of Axiom you would be liable for very nominal return shipping fees whereas SVS absorbs the return shipping.

Other companies have similar programs.
This is great thanks, also what do you guys recommend for AVR? Denon/Onkyo/Yamaha/Sony?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I’m also a fan of the ELAC Debut speakers. They’re radically different from Klipsch. Not flashy, just good and accurate sounding. Good value too. I changed my living room system to ELAC Debuts and an SVS SB2000 last year.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
This is great thanks, also what do you guys recommend for AVR? Denon/Onkyo/Yamaha/Sony?

I would choose Denon from the brands you listed. The others are fine [although I would avoid Sony] but D&M Holding [Denon's parent company] is just my personal favorite. I use a Marantz pre/pro which is also a D & M brand.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
John posted as I was typing. I would stay away from Sony as well. People seem to really like their Yamahas. John and I both have Marantz, so Denon would be the less expensive option to what we have.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks