What's new

Need to help!!! The subwoofer has some strange sound (1 Viewer)

JameBond99

Auditioning
Real Name
Jame Bond
Hi all,

I have just bought a new Edifier S350DB speaker. But in some songs, my subwoofer emits some strange sound like rattling sound.

The first song that I played "Infinity Ink - Infinity (Dubdogz & Bhaskar Remix) (Bass Boosted)"

https://youtu.be/JUh79963OM8

The second song: "Imany feat. Filatov & Karas - Don't Be So Shy"

https://youtu.be/ebdSL8IABUY

Does my subwoofer have any problem?

Thanks!

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Hi all,

I have just bought a new Edifier S350DB speaker. But in some songs, my subwoofer emits some strange sound like rattling sound.

The first song that I played "Infinity Ink - Infinity (Dubdogz & Bhaskar Remix) (Bass Boosted)"

The second song: "Imany feat. Filatov & Karas - Don't Be So Shy"

Does my subwoofer have any problem?

Thanks!

A rattling sound coming from the sub usually means there is an issue, it could be a the voice coil hitting the backplate because it is hitting Xmax (max extension) , or something inside the enclosure. More than likely, you're listening too loud for your subwoofer.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think you are overdriving the subwoofer. I looked it up and the subwoofer uses an 8" driver. That is actually pretty small for a sub. The subwoofer amplifier also provides the power for two bookshelf speakers. Frankly, I think advertising a sub box with an 8" woofer is pushing the boundaries of accuracy. The design really looks like they just moved the woofer that would be used for the lower range on a standard speaker to a bass module design.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks