What's new

Need subwoofer recommendations with my setup (1 Viewer)

Jim Baloga

Agent
I have the Pioneer 811s, B&W 603 s2's for mains, LCR60 S2 for center, ccm65's for surround. I'm probably changing the surround speakers to DM600 S3.

What would be a good size sub and should it be self powered.

Thanks
Jim

BryanZ

Screenwriter
What is the budget and what are the restrictions (if any)? SVS PCi series is pretty good.

Jim Baloga

Agent
Budget is around $1,000.

But what would the correct size for my setup be, does it need to be powered? I don't want to "over buy" the sub for my system.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Would be pretty tough to over buy a sub for that system. Powered vs passive means you just use a different type of amp (the amps do the same thing, one is just a plate amp built onto the enclosure the other is a seperate amp of your choice). As for size. There are 10" subs that do better than some 15" subs. Driver size doesn't matter much. What matters is how capable the driver is and how well the enclosure matches that drivers specs.
SVS PCi or PC+ (the + should be available very soon and would be my perference given the rest of your system).
Hsu VTF3.
Adire Dharman.
Costum built sub from Link Removed or Acoustic Visions
DIY sub. Ie you build the enclosure, if this interests you say so and I'll elaborate some more. This option is pretty much impossible to beat price/performance wise. The custom sub I mention above is basically one of the two places I mentioned above building a proven DIY sub design for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks