Need some opinions please (1 Viewer)

Ray in Kingwood

Auditioning
Real Name
Ray
Howdy
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

First time post.

Would like your opinions on the following.

Since my son went to A&M I gave him all my HT stuff to enjoy, and I am going to upgrade with new.

After spending the last week or so reviewing products this is what I came up with

I would appreciate your opinions good or bad to advise me on my upcoming purchase.

Feel free to offer other
suggestions or differing products to consider.

My room is 13.5 by 22 feet with the rear opening up into a 28by28 2 story open atrium over my downstairs living room.

My Selection is as follows

For my engine power I chose the Denon AVR-4308CI

Denon USA | AVR-4308CI

For my ear ticklers the speaker setup I chose is the Axiom Epic 80 - 600 Home Theater System

Epic 80 - 600 - Axiom Audio

For the Eye candy I chose Samsung LN52A850 52 inch Series 8 Slim 1080p LCD HDTV

Amazon.com: Samsung LN52A850 52-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV with Red Touch of Color: Electronics

And for dispatching and secretarial duty's I picked me a Fuzebox.

Configure Your CineMagix FuzeBox™ Whole Home Media Server - Velocity Micro™
with the one terabyte option.

Of course everything will be wired with 12 gauge stuff, UPC's will be on all electronics, and I usually run
a separate ground line to a 10 foot half inch copper ground rod in the yard.

This concludes my setup with the exception of the installation, and the setup.

I will get a blu ray player but am open to suggestions. Dont know what to get on that one yet.

I am no Audiophile or expert but I have quite a music selection, (over a terabyte of music which is one heck of a lot.)

Thank you in advance for your opinions.

Ray

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Have you listened to the Axiom speakers? Do they sound good to you because that is all that matters. If you haven't, there are other choices like SVS, Rocket (by AV123) and Elemental Designs. You can also just buy the speakers and get a sub from a specialty company like SVS, eD, AV123 or Epik.

Does your receiver have the appropriate inputs and outputs that your system needs?

The Fuzebox is neat but way out of my price range. Western Digital has a media player for $120. It was on sale last week for $99 at Best Buy. Just add the appropriate sized hard drive. The Popcorn Hour Media Tank is similar but allows networking to the rest of your computers.

Check out the section on HD hardware for BluRay suggestions.

I suggest that you get a Harmony remote to control everything and get all of your cables from Monoprice.

-Robert

Kevin Stewart

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Stewart
For a room that size, any reason why your not going front projection?

My theater is actually smaller than yours (12.5 X 20) and I have a 126" screen in there. Unless you'll only have one sitting area and it's within 10' of the screen (meaning you'll have 12' of empty space behind it), then I'd certainly go bigger than 52"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks