What's new

Need some help with Comcast HD DVR (1 Viewer)

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
I just got a new HD cable box with HD DVR today but have a question about hookup. With my last HD cable box I used seperate connections for watching TV and HDTV. It made for a lot of wires coming out of the cable box but it simplified use of my AV system. With the new box I noticed it now can output through digital coax for all channels. However the s-video output doesnt seem to work. I thought maybe the component video connections somehow was causing it but I unhooked them and still nothing, even tried another s-video cable. Could the box be defective or is there a reason why its not working?

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
I figured out the problem with the s-video out (is only active when SDTV is picked during inital setup) but now have another one.

When watching live TV and I pause it I get no sound when hitting play. This only happens on channels below 100. Once I go back to live TV I get sound. I have both digital and analog audio connections so I am at a loss as to why this is happening. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks