What's new

need some advice ... please (1 Viewer)

paul dock

Auditioning
i'm going to be buying a rear projection tv soon, i have been looking at a few brands. hitachi 57xwx20b... sony kv50xbr800... pioneer elite pro620hd, pro530hd.. my wife and i like to watch dvd's a few times a week, but we also will be watching alot of regular tv shows (nbc,hbo). i also will be watching alot of sports (baseball, football) my kids will be watching daytime. the room gets some sun (not alot), we will be sitting about 9-10feet froom the tv.any advice on these brands would really be helpfull... oh we have direct tv.

joey mr

Stunt Coordinator
paul i would go with the pioneer elite pro620hd, pro530hd for the type of viewing you and the family are going to be doing and the stretch mode on the pioneers are great so that would be my choice:emoji_thumbsup:

paul dock

Auditioning
thanks, thats what the guy said at the store... i wasn't sure if he was just pushing the elite or what. he said there was also a nice rebate with pioneer right now. joey, thanks again for your advice

joey mr

Stunt Coordinator
the rebates run fro 500 to what ever so you should get a good deal but remember to turn down your contrast below 50% okay :emoji_thumbsup:

joey mr

Stunt Coordinator
on it or let say your watching news and the have those static images they can cause burn in of a specific image or logo so be carefull not to have some logo or playing games to long :emoji_thumbsup: mix things up and then you should not have a problem

contrast down to 30and raise brtightness up buy 5 clicks or a little more and then put down sharpness 5to7 clicks

but here is difrent things for you to know read

http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/learn..._problems.html

paul dock

Auditioning
joey, i am so glad i posted my question today... your posts have been a great help.. thanks alot, i really appreciate it.

joey mr

Stunt Coordinator
so make sure you watch tv sretched with one of there stretch modes they are great and make sure you kick the kids off the set after certain amount of time, what you can do is hook up your old tv and let them use that for there games :D but make sure you know all the dues and don'ts okay :emoji_thumbsup: enjoy your new set when you get it

paul dock

Auditioning
how does a dvd look on the elite?... should i bring one to the show room? i'm going tonight, i am so pumped... i can't wait for my father in law to see this set, he's really into his dvd's. i hope the picture on this set blows him away!!!!

paul dock

Auditioning
and what do you have sti. regular cable, what ? check this out also
hey joey, what does this mean?

joey mr

Stunt Coordinator
i am typing to fast here satilite or regular cable because i could give you tips on the connections that will improve your pic send me a private pm message with you email so i could give you the info if needed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks