What's new

need recommendation for 1/8" stereo to rca analog cable... (1 Viewer)

Cary_K

Auditioning
for a jerryrigged HTPC. The reason I want analog cable recommendations is b/c I'm planning on connecting all channels though amps which have no Toslink/SPDIF or Optical inputs. Am only looking at a 4.x system right now. The system is used for music, movies and gaming - 40/40/20.

Following the philosophy that your sound's only as good as your weakest link, and in the bare hope that the system I have in mind will in fact bear this truth out, I am asking for your respected opinions. The only cables I have found better than your standard Radio Shack-type are the ARPRO II stereo to RCA for about $30 at partsexpress.com which I understand are a respectable cable in other contexts, and various Monster Cables - Computer Stereo to Stereo Receiver, "i-Cable," and their IP400 higher end interlinks - ranging from around $25 for 10 ft "computer" adaptor cable to $40 for the 4.92 ft IP400. If anyone has had any experience with any of these cables, I'd also appreciate your input.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel Alan

Agent
Personally, I run my computer to an old reciever with a rat shack 1/8" stereo to stereo RCA jacks and am completely happy with the sound, but then this is not a primary music/movie system and the sound is plenty good enough for games and mp3s, but it sounds like you are looking for something a bit better. Still the Radio Shack stuff is OK, and it may be enough for your needs.

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
yeah, I'm going to have to second the rat shack cables, I use them one of my older computers that doesn't have digi-coax and I haven't had any problems with it.

I don't think you'll find any high quality ones for sale for cheap (as they are a niche product). but you could try making your own, both ends are analog so it wouldn't be too tricky just a matter of getting your connections right.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I use the Radioshack Gold series IC and it works just as good as the $15-20 RCA to RCA interconnects i've used.

(I have the option to use both because my PC sound card has both analog RCA outs, and stereo 1/8" out)

Cary_K

Auditioning
Thanks for the replies. What I'm worried about is the hum people complain about. But I'll keep all your suggestions in mind.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks