What's new

need new fronts rears and side surrounds (1 Viewer)

wall

Auditioning
Real Name
wall
After talking to a Higher up Infinity rep. He convinced me that it was not the fault of my Onkyo tx-sr601 amp that was holding back my system but my Infinity RS-3b speakers "I am running 2 pair, front and rear" He stated that there was no A/V receiver built today that could feed them what they need. So we chatted about other receiver and speaker set-ups, he mentioned the Yamaha rx-v2700 as one of his favorite new receivers on the market.
I would like some feedback on this unit as well as further input about other units in the same class or better within the budget of 2k for the receiver.

I will be posting this in the speaker forum as well as I am now looking for new fronts, rears as well as side surrounds speakers I have a budget of 2k for speakers.

At this point I will be looking at selling my 2 pair of Infinity RS-3b's does anyone have any interest in them. I bought my first pair in the mid 80's 86 or 87 for 2k the second a few years later. They have had new foam surrounds installed in the last 3 years.

Hitachi 60V500a LCD Rear Projection
Center: Klipsch RC35
Sub: Klipsch RW10
Front: Infinity RS-3b
Rear: Infinity RS-3b
HD DVD: Toshiba HD-A1SN
CD: Audio Alchemy ACD-1 w/DAC
VHS: Sony SLV-790HF
A/V Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR601
2 CH. Amp: B&K ST2020
Preamp: B&K CS-117
Power: Monster HTS 3500 MKII x 2
Cables: Transparent Cable CO, Monster

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Hi Wall

Would you please explain a little bit more what you mean by "holding back your system"? Please don't rush into buying anything until we have a better understanding of what is going on...you may not need to buy another receiver...please don't be in any hurry to sell those infinity speakers...there are ways to power them...I have some older speakers too...there are ways to drive your present speakers...for example, I have a Denon 5803A that can deliver full power into 3.2 ohms...tested at 117 watts X 7 with all channels driven simultaneously...that statement from the Infinity rep seems to be somewhat contradictory

wall

Auditioning
Real Name
wall
When watching movies I am not getting the quality sound "range" I want. I want feel my legs to quake my belly to rumble my sphincter to tingle. I want the full theater experience in my home. With my new HD DVD player I can only connect it to output 480i The Onkyo has no HDMI input. also the onkyo has no pre-outs so It will be history very soon. With the upgrade to 7.1 I can also go with surround sides.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks