What's new

need help with this crossover thing (1 Viewer)

gene avallon

Stunt Coordinator
while im waiting for my outlaw stuff im try to understand this.I have two 46+ and I want all the lows to go there,my receiver has small,large settings for all speakers which I have set to small.but it also has 80hz 100hz 120hz what are these for,do I have to set them when I set speaker size?I guess that does it.I searched found all kinds of stuff but not about my problem.
thanks
gene:)

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
The 80, 100, and 120hz is the bass management setting for the receiver. When you set it at 80hz and the speakers to small then all bass ABOVE 80hz is sent to the mains, center, and surrounds. All bass BELOW 80hz is sent to the subwoofer. Generally speaking the lower the setting the better. The higher the frequency of sound the easier it is to 'locate' where it is coming from. With a subwoofer you don't want to locate its position, you want it to blend seamlessly with the other speakers. By using the lowest setting possible you are better able to achieve this blending.

That's the quick and dirty answer. Yes, you need to indicate the setting that you want to use. I suggest starting with 80hz. I believe that the higher settings are aimed towards satellite speaker systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks