What's new

Need help with 563A (1 Viewer)

Jeff TC

Grip
OK, you pros, what is this newbie doing wrong? DVD-Audio is playing just fine through my Pioneer DV-563A, but I get only 2 channel sound playing the "O Brother" SACD. It's hooked up to a Sony receiver, analog inputs, set to multichannel. Is there something easy and obvious I'm not doing? Thanks much.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
There is a menu setting for SACD to determine if it will play MC, 2 CH, or Red Book.

Seems that the default is 2 CH. You might want to have a look. I think someone else posted the same question.

BGL

Jeff TC

Grip
Thanks, Brian. I have tried all three settings, with no difference. When I look at "disc navigator," which shows the track listening, it is all listed in "2 ch."

Uh oh... "O Brother" is my first SACD and I just noticed it is listed as "SACD stereo." Is there such an animal as an SACD that is not multichannel (well, just stereo anyway)???? I guess I assumed all were 5.1...

Jon_W

Stunt Coordinator
yes SACd started out as just a two channel format so you will have to pick up a multi channel disc to get 5.1 surround music or 5.0

FeisalK

Screenwriter
there a quite a few stereo only SACDs notably most of the Rolling Stones' and Peter Gabriel (except Up) reissues. Some shops stick the Multichannel sticker on the plastic wapper anyway so be wary when you are buying. I always try and peek at the back cover where the record company states whether its a stereo only or multichannel

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks