What's new

more confused than ever concerning bass management and the Pioneer 563A (1 Viewer)

KevinW

Stunt Coordinator
I've finally read through all 20 something pages discussing the review of the Pioneer 563A multi-format player and I'm more confused than ever.

I just need one simple question answered:

Will this player produce quality, full range sound of DVD-Audio and SACD's when coupled with my 3 year old Sony STR-DE835 receiver and Def Tech ProMonitor 100 sub/sat system?
As far as I know, this receiver has NO bass management and I currently have all speakers set to small with the sub on.

Thanks for any help and forgive me for just not getting it...

Kevin

ThomasL

Supporting Actor
Kevin, the general answer is 'yes'. As for specifics,
the Pioneer 563A will do the bass management. Set all your speakers in the Pioneer's menu to 'small' and set sub to 'on'. For SACDs this will create a crossover at 120Hz and one of 200Hz for DVD-Audio. While this is not ideal for most, as long as your sub can handle frequencies up to 200Hz, it'll be ok. I'm not familiar with the frequency ranges of the DefTech ProMonitor 100s so it may be that there will be a "frequency gap" for DVD-Audio discs since the crossover is so high.

cheers,

--tom

Charles Gurganus

Supporting Actor
A recommended product to fix this BM mess would the outlaw ICBM. It WOULD be hard to spend more on that than the player cost though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks