What's new

Need help finding the name of a movie. (1 Viewer)

Fred Bang

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I remember seeing an adventure movie when I was very young. The movie probably has been made in the 60s. As I recall, its a "quest movie" where the party must travel to somekind of dark tower to find the treasure. Along the way, they face multiple danger (like alligators (I think)). The only thing I really remember is that when they reach the tower, there's a booby trap inside that is a big fist coming down on them.

Wow! Pretty vague! Do you have any idea what I'm talking about?

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

I remember it well. The film is Captain Sinbad (1963) starring Guy Williams (of Lost in Space and Disney's Zorro). The villain, El Karim, cannot be killed, because his heart has been placed in the tower and protected by magic. The giant hand is the last guardian of the heart. There's a great moment, after the hand first falls on them, when it rises up and wags it finger at Sinbad as if to say, "Shame, shame!"

Obviously it made an impression on me.

M.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I don't think so. I'm not even sure it's ever been released on home video in any format.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks