What's new

Help Me With Name of this Movie? (1 Viewer)

sitman

Grip
Real Name
Bill Shepard
This may be an inappropriate use of this forum, but I’m trying to remember the name of a movie and am betting that someone here knows the answer. I actually have it on Blu-ray, but with a library of nearly 7000 titles, I don’t know where to look, and I don’t remember the actor, otherwise I’d go to IMDB.
The movie begins with a newspaper reporter searching in the woods, who finds a clearing with a small cabin. A woman emerges and he surreptitiously snaps pictures of her. Then the story flashes back to an old man traveling on a train with his daughter. They travel to towns in the south where she gives psychic performances in churches.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
This may be an inappropriate use of this forum, but I’m trying to remember the name of a movie and am betting that someone here knows the answer. I actually have it on Blu-ray, but with a library of nearly 7000 titles, I don’t know where to look, and I don’t remember the actor, otherwise I’d go to IMDB.
The movie begins with a newspaper reporter searching in the woods, who finds a clearing with a small cabin. A woman emerges and he surreptitiously snaps pictures of her. Then the story flashes back to an old man traveling on a train with his daughter. They travel to towns in the south where she gives psychic performances in churches.

Sounds interesting and vaguely familiar. Is it black and white or color? Any idea on what decade it was released in?

sitman

Grip
Real Name
Bill Shepard
Sounds interesting and vaguely familiar. Is it black and white or color? Any idea on what decade it was released in?
It's in color and made fairly recently. I know that the reporter is played by a well known contemporary actor, but I'm otherwise blanking on it.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
There should be better ways to help. First, how old is it? Then you say it is a well known contemporary actor. What other movies that guy played?

sitman

Grip
Real Name
Bill Shepard
There should be better ways to help. First, how old is it? Then you say it is a well known contemporary actor. What other movies that guy played?
I'm saying that, when I watched it, I recognized him as a well known actor. But I've since forgotten who he, or the other actors were. If I remembered any of them, I could look them up on IMDb and find my movie. Regarding how old the movie is, I'm guessing it was released in the last ten or so years.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Since you want to see it again, you must know the main story. What's the big picture, the main story?

sitman

Grip
Real Name
Bill Shepard
Since you want to see it again, you must know the main story. What's the big picture, the main story?
OK, the main story is about a woman, probably in her 20s, who, with her father/manager, travels via rail to cities in the southern US, and appears at church sponsored lectures. She claims to be a psychic and passes on messages from deceased relatives to people in the audience. Although the act is basically a con, she apparently begins to "receive" factual information, such as when she warns an audience member to hurry home because of danger there.

The main characters are the her, the father, a reporter who wants to debunk her act, and a stranger with ulterior motives who ultimately kills the father. If I could remember any of these actors, it would be an easy matter to look up their credits and find the movie title.

sitman

Grip
Real Name
Bill Shepard
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! It's older than I remembered.

Attachments

• Photo on 3-20-22 at 3.39 PM #2.jpg
    Photo on 3-20-22 at 3.39 PM #2.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 53

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks