What's new

Help Me With Name of this Movie? (1 Viewer)

Randy Stansbury

Auditioning
Real Name
Randall Stansbury
The name of the movie, I believe is The Flim Flam Man starring George C. Scott. Chris Sarandan was the younger man, I believe. It came out in the late 60's or early 70's

F451

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Maybe we could continue this thread. Others may have the same issue. I've been trying to come up with the name of a film I saw in the early 60s.

Name That Film #2.

It was a B&W film, maybe widescreen. The protagonist is a young, maybe teenage, girl. As the film opens, she's running through a forest. There's a song playing in the background -- the lyrics are something like: No time to to cry / I've got to keep on running / someone is waiting for me. I have the impression she's running from a communist country. She befriends or is befriended by a circus community. In the third act, she gets seriously hurt, gets a blood transfusion, and is adopted by the blood donor. May have been an European film. Might have been on a double feature along with Walt Disney's charming film classic -- Moon Pilot (1962). As I recall, it was a warm-hearted, but not great, film. For some reason, it drifts back to mind now and then.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I am also looking for a black and white World War II movie maybe British. A naval officer with a big beard goes on a plane and is shot down and captured by the Germans. The rest of the movie is about them trying to escape a camp. It was a big deal that he did not want to shave his beard on this mission. Spoiler: later we find one of the prisoners was actually a German spy put there to find information from the prisoners.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I am also looking for a black and white World War II movie maybe British. A naval officer with a big beard goes on a plane and is shot down and captured by the Germans. The rest of the movie is about them trying to escape a camp. It was a big deal that he did not want to shave his beard on this mission. Spoiler: later we find one of the prisoners was actually a German spy put there to find information from the prisoners.
Stalag 17? Although some of your details are different.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
No. The main person is a big bearded guy like Bud Spencer. He is a naval officer. Very likely a British production. It's not a comedy but it is not too serious also.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
The magic of google. "British actor bearded black and white"
This was one of the results and he looks very familiar to me

69236e67861a6a16ec627340df542fc5.jpg

Not sure but it is possible it's James Robertson Justice. Now I have to look at all his movies. Not easy.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Perhaps A Coming Out Party?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks