What's new

Need help finding a wall mount for Energy Take 5 (1 Viewer)

Hello,

I could really use some assistance finding a wall mount that will work with my Energy Take 5 speakers (really, just mounting the two sets of Take 2 speakers--I don't need to mount the center speaker). I purchased these about 3-4 years ago, and have always had them on stands, but now would like to mount them on the wall in my new house as I have speaker drops. (I will gladly disclose that I have no expertise at all in the world of speakers, other than what I've done with these Energy speakers to date.)

The problem I've had is finding something that will fit into the keyhole on the back of the speakers. I tried the OmniMount 5.0 and 10.0....the 5.0 did not have a keyhole adapter, and while the 10.0 did, the diameter of the bolt was too large to fit even into the larger part of the keyhole, let alone the narrower part.

I've tried contacting Energy directly, but they haven't responded after two weeks. Google hasn't helped, either. Is there some kind soul here who might be able to assist me with a recommendation or two? I greatly appreciate it, and thanks for reading.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
By “keyhole” do you mean one of those oblong holes that is wide on the bottom and narrow on the top? If that’s the case, why even fool with Omnimount? All it needs is a #6, #8 or #10 screw into an EZ-anchor.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne,

That's right. The "keyhole" is sort of shaped like:

I initially looked at the OmniMount because it advertised the keyhole adapter...i.e., a "cap" that screwed onto to the bolt of the mount that would in theory fit into the larger opening at the bottom of the keyhole, slide up into the narrower opening, and then tighten to secure the speaker onto the mount. However, the bolt itself was too big (let alone the cap) so this did not work for me.

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll look into this. One question I have; would this allow the speakers to be swiveled to point in different directions? I'm curious as my speaker drops are pretty high up (about 10-11 feet) and I will probably want to angle them down toward the listener if this is possible.

PaulT

Supporting Actor
B-Tech lists some of their wall mount swivel units to support 'keyhole' designed speakers:

http://www.b-tech-int.com/Welcome.html

You could try the BT77 side clamp units as well.

I've seen B-Tech at a couple of big box stores in Canada, assume they would sell at Circuit City/Best Buy, etc etc.

Thanks Paul. I will check with them to ask specifically about the Energy speakers...that side clamp mount looks like it would be a viable option as well. Much appreciated!

stugots0109

Auditioning
Real Name
derek
i actually have a similar situation. i have the same set, but i AM missing the CENTER speaker mount.

dragonetti

Grip
Real Name
Scott Drago
I use the BT77's on my rear Paradigm Monitor 3's v3 and they are a little larger then B tech recommends but they work great (lost a bit of adjustment because of size). They are strong, adjustable, and the price is right.

did you ever find a mount for your center channel speaker? I'm looking for one now... I'd love some help.

Thanks!

jsfrog

Auditioning
Real Name
John
I had the same problem for two Energy RC Micro surround satellite speakers. I already had two universal speaker mount brackets, like the universal ones Amazon or Best Buy have (Sanus or Init brands). Problem is the Energy speakers have a screw hole on the back that is recessed, and the bolts that come with the wall mount brackets won't reach in that far! Plus, that silly keyhole slot on the back of the speakers is basically useless - you can't attach a bracket and you can't fit much of anything into the keyhole slot, unless you want to mount the speaker flat against the wall! Most of us want to use brackets so we can aim the speakers in the room to our liking.

So what to do... Well, I noticed that I WOULD be able to attach the bracket on the back of the speaker if only I had a longer bolt that would both fit through the hole in the bracket AND thread into the speaker's recessed threaded hole. Off to Home Depot, where I bought two Crown Bolt "socket" as it's called on the package, really a bolt, size 1/4" x 1-1/2". They come in packages of one each, and can be found in the drawers of specialty fasteners in the hardware aisle. Has a hex head so you need an allen wrench to screw it in tight, and it has a coarse thread that fit the speaker hole perfectly. Ta daaa, now I could attach the speaker securely to the wall and aim it downward toward the listeners. Good luck with yours.

moz-screenshot.png">

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks