What's new

Need help finding a fuse (1 Viewer)

Greg Yeatts

Second Unit
It is a 5mm X 20mm 12A, 250 volt, GDA ceramic fuse. McMaster-Carr and Digikey do not appear to carry this fuse. Anybody know where I can find one?

Greg Yeatts

Second Unit
Brett

Rat Shack was the first place I went. No luck there. McMaster Carr only carries the GDA 250 volt fuses up to 6.3 amps.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
I am suprised Rat Shack didn't have them.. They carry those
horrendously high amperage microwave fuses...

Not sure who else to recommend you to.... If I think of any
I will chime in..

Greg Yeatts

Second Unit
Dave

Thanks for the link. I checked as McMaster-Carr, and they won't get it for me. I will try Digikey and see if they can order me some.

Greg Yeatts

Second Unit
Well, the biggest GDA (time delay) fuse I have been able to find is 10 amp, 250 volt. This is for an amplifier that makes 1,000 watts at 4 ohms. Would it really hurt anything other than maybe blowing a fuse prematurely every now and then to use a 10 amp fuse instead of a 12 amp fuse?

Also, I was able to find a GDB (quick blow) fuse that is 12 amps. Would this be a suitable replacement?

Rick Guynn

Second Unit
I know it's not directly applicable, but I was having a similar problem finding a slo-blo for my preamp. So I replaced it with a fast-blow of the same rating and it has been going strong for several months now.

Go for the fast blow, the worst that could happen is you blow the fuse. Maybe in the meantime be on the lookout for another source for the slo-blo types...

RG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks