What's new

CABASSE SUBWOOFER FUSE (1 Viewer)

KIWIBOY

Grip
Real Name
Sam
Hi there,

I recently purchased a CABASSE EOLE 5.1 speaker system which (I hope) suits my purposes well, design and audio wise.

Catch is I bought it in Singapore where the voltage is 220 but I live in Japan where it is 110. They sub has dual voltage which is fine, BUT the fuse needs to be changed out to a T4 Slow Burn versus the T2.5 Slow Burn fuse that is inside already.

I cannot find one ANYWHERE online or here in Japan (believe it or not) and Cabasse have turned out to be as useful and helpful as an ashtray on a motorbike. Meaning they (and the dealer) are completely unresponsive.

So any advice on where and how I can buy one of these inconsequential but critical little buggers would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

SAM

KIWIBOY

Grip
Real Name
Sam
Sorry just wanted to clarify one thing.

It has a T2.5 22Volt Slowburn Fuse. And I am told it needs a T4 110Volt Fuse.

Cheers

KIWIBOY

Grip
Real Name
Sam
:thumbsdown: ..... and things get worse.

Cabasse replied that they want me to use a step down transformer instead as not only does it require a new fuse, but it requires new internal wiring!!! So instead of just flicking the switch from 220 to 110 on the back of the unit, I know have to:

change to a fuse that nobody can supply
change the internal wiring

OR

use a step down transformer.

This way-sucks! If I had known this in advance I would not have purchased it for sure as i am uncomfortable using a transformer on an amplifier.

Any thoughts or comments on this are deeeeply appreciated!

Thanks

SAM

chuckg

Supporting Actor
Well, I'm con"fuse"d. did you try an electronics supply house? I don't mean your typical Radio Shark or Bust By, I mean a place that sells electronics to ham radio operators and the like. Online? I'd try something like Digi-Key, who has atleast 100 of everything ever made.

Secondly, does the equipment have a voltage selector switch? If so, then why would the internal wiring need a change?

If there is no voltage selector, then an external step-down transformer is your best bet, and you won't need to change the fuse.

Get a transformer rated for quite a bit more than the rated power of all the equipment added together, and you're good to go. the little travel converters will not do, you need a honkin' big transformer. Again, an electronics supply house is your best source.

Cheers!

KIWIBOY

Grip
Real Name
Sam
Hi Chuck,

Tried two here and they dont have anything. They referred me to a electric guitar store (which I have yet to visit). So will try that and the online option you mention. Thank You.

Regarding the switch, yes, it does have one. So I cannot for the life of me figure out why they want me to use a step down transformer instead of just changing the fuse and flicking the switch which is what they told me when I purchased it. Now they say 'internal wiring' has to be changed. Sounds way wrong to me.

Guess I can just get the fuse, flick the switch to 110V and try it.

Cabasse suck at support. Lets hope their gear makes up for this.....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks