What's new

Need help deciding - JBL Eseries vs Rocket ELT (1 Viewer)

OK, I am building a new house. Room measures 20x19. I will prewire through the walls. Going with 5.1 at this time. Surrounds will be mounted from ceiling or from wall.

I'm looking at JBL e10 for $99 a pair, E30 for $150pr and E35 center for $150. I would put this with a Dayton 10" sub for $130ish. Total $530ish.

But, I see the rockets for sale at $129pr. What about two pairs of these plus a B-Stock Rocket ELT center for $129. Plus a 10" Rocket ELT B-Stock sub for $179. Total $570ish before shipping.

I would appreciate comments in regards to anticipated sound quality. 95% of time used for HT. I would also appreciate any comments in regards to in wall wiring for surrounds. Thanks in advance.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
I have no experience with the Rockets myself. Many praise on on the forums.

I can tell you that I REALLY enjoy my JBL setup for the $$ I paid.

E80 mains, ec35 center, e10 side surrounds, n24 rear surrounds (new for $69.50 delivered cold not be beat).
My Dayton 10 is on the way to replace my dinky HK 8".

I am certainly a big JBL fan @ this price point.

Of course, tough to make a decision without listening to the rockets, which helped me make my decision a bit easier with the JBL's.

Herb Michelli

Auditioning
I have the rocket elts and I love them. They look great and sound even better. I have my speakers matched up with the UFW-10. Good Luck

BrentCook

Auditioning
I'm currently demoing the JBL Northridge E20 small bookshelf speakers in my home. I am A/B'ing them with a pair of Polk Monitor 30s.

Right now, the JBLs are winning by a small amount. They seem less harsh and more even sounding than the Polks. However, someone could also call them "muffled" compared with the Polks. To each their own. In a week, I will have some Ascend HTM-200s arriving to duke it out with the Polks and JBLs.

If I *do* end up going with the JBLs, it will be 7 E20s all around the room. I compared the E10s to the E20s, and found the difference in sound to be huge. They are supposed to be timbre matched, but I thought the E10s were a not the same in the midrange and lower.

The E20s can be found for $65 each online. Those HTM-200s are gonna have to be damn good to be worth twice as much! I can't wait to find out.

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
I am another that says you should try the Rockets even if it costs a bit (they are not that big so shipping should no be all that bad) before you make a final decision. I bet you won't be sending them back..... Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks