What's new

Need Advise, SVS Driver Question (1 Viewer)

Luis C. Ortiz

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Everybody

I just got one used driver of a SVS 21-39pc , now, I'm using it to replace my blown off Paradign PS-1200 , so I'm using it in the PS-1200 enclosure. It sound great, in fact too great which bring me to the question, if I would be able to use one of those car audio "bazookas" to simulate the original SVS enclosure? I know it won't be the same, but would it be better than the PS-1200 enclosure? Also I know I could do a sonosub but I lack the tools and most of the skill to make one. Any advice on this would be appreciated, thanks for looking.

Luis

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
The PS1200 is a bandpass enclosure. I don't know of anyone on this forum that has built a bandpass DIY sub for home theater use. They are usually frowned quite heavily upon.

I'm not familar with the bazooka tube stuff you speak of but I would guess the enclosure would be too small. What it's porting will be I have no idea, but probably not good.

Is there any reason you can't build a sonotube enclosure for it?

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
Build a new enclosure or buy a pre-made one from Parts Express or Kyle Richardson (Acoustic Visions). I think the PS-1200 enclosure will sound terrible and the 'bazooka' probably isn't big enough. A good alignment would be 4ft^3 tuned to 20Hz (like a 20-39 I think).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks