Need advise on this One-For-All remote

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chet_F, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Chet_F

Chet_F Supporting Actor

http://www.oneforall-int.com/comfiles/index2.html
    Any personal use info would be appreciated. This model is hard to find and that worries me. I see the Sony models everywhere but this manufaturer and model is hard to find. Any info would be appreciated. I know what it does but that is about it.
    Thanks,
    Chet
    The model is URC 9800. I assumed the link went to that model but I was wrong. Thanks for the site though, I'll check it out.
    If a moderator sees this please move to tweaks & accessories.

2. RobertCharlotte

RobertCharlotte Supporting Actor

The site you linked has over a dozen remotes, so I have no idea which one you're looking for.
    However, Remote Central has great info on remotes, including user reviews.
    Also, this thread would have gotten more attention in the "Tweaking and Accessories" forum. You might want to ask a moderator to move it there. [​IMG]

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Thread moved. [​IMG]

4. Scott Dautel

Scott Dautel Second Unit

I've had the URC9800 for several years now. It works OK, but is essentially the same as any 8-function learning remote (with macros). The advantage is the IR/RF repeater. This lets you drive devices in other rooms. The problem I've always experienced is very limited range. If you're transmitting thru walls, I've never gotten more than about 25' range.
    Nevertheless, I do use this reguarly to control my receiver & CD Player from the deck, where I have outdoor speakers.