What's new

need advice on speakers for my denon 3802 (1 Viewer)

Steve R

Grip
Hi,

I would like to get new front speakers for my HT. I'm interested in speakers that would be excellent for listening to music primarily. I'm trying to do that balancing act between music and HT. I heard def tech power monitor 700's....which I thought were great. the salesperson where I got my receiver recommended Paradigm monitor 5's. Many people talk about B&W's. By the way ,these speakers need to be bookshelf size... no taller than 28 inches and no wider than 11 inches. they also must be able to lay on the side( space constraints ). I would appreciate any imput you can give me.

Steve

P.S anybody familiar with paradigm studio 40's or B&W 602 S3's. what about Axioms

gene avallon

Stunt Coordinator
I just got the 3802 and I would be interested in speakers for HT only.will keep only 2 svs 46 plus
thanks
gene

ChaseHanna

Stunt Coordinator
Im in the same situation as well right now. I've started a thread Here and have gotten some nice responses. Ill be watching this thread closely too.

Henry_W

Stunt Coordinator
Never discount used speakers - the Klipsch Heresy may fit (with a little over hang) and a used pair of Heresy II could run you as little as $550 and give you a great match with the Denon - if you like horns you may have latched on to an extraordinary deal. I have my Heresy for music - although the HT really hums (I get rave reviews from other HT heads).

My Heresy (of course I am addicted and have two pair upstairs and one pair downstairs) are supplemented by an SVS 20-39PCi and I am extremely satisfied with my music - the sub fills wonderfully and is dynamic enough to keep up with the horns.

As an added benefit, your Denon let's you set separate levels for Stereo, direct and DTS/Dolby - therefore you will be able to manage your speakers (especially sub) for each effect. Once set to your satisfaction the system stays very nice - Dare I say audiophile on the cheap?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks