What's new

Used Flagship RCVR advice (1 Viewer)

Michael De Costa

Stunt Coordinator
No responses to my first post so I guess I need to reword my post and subject. Looking for advice on RCVR to power 3 pairs of speakers through an ADS speaker selector and another pair of boston acoustic grand voagers for my back yard. With a $400 budget I was thinking it might be better to get a used higer quality rcvr then a new mid quality spending $400.(the denon 4802 comes to mind) Any advice on which great quality rcvrs I should be considering for this? Thanks in advance..

One more note. It can't be a deonon unless i replace my current 3802 becuase I have 2 denon now and both come on when you se remote to turn power on. Moving one of the units is not an option....

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
What I would look for is not a receiver, but rather a used stereo pre-amp/power amp or integrated amp. What you want is a decent amount of brute force power to run all those speakers. I would think Adcom. No point in wasting money on an HT receiver whichh has a bunch of circuitry you don't need.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks