What's new

Receiver for 6 speakers- Music Only (Under $800) (1 Viewer)

Michael De Costa

Stunt Coordinator
After what seems to be endless posts here the conclusion for what I am looking for: To add speakers to my Living Room and Dining room might be best resolved using a separate receiver rather than adding an amp to my current HT set-up to power more speakers. I like this option becuase it will also provide me with a bit more flexibility in the set up as well.

The question is, what receiver can power 6 speakers at the same time with about 75 to 100 watts? I know most units are designed to run HT set ups, but I need a receiver that will send the SAME volume levels and signals to all 6 channels. It will be used for tuner, CD, and DTV music only. I would need decent power, but nothing earth shattering.

I don't want to purchase a receiver like my Denon 3802 that does not have a true A & B selector. Any advice?

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
On the lower end, my pioneer vsx-d912k does this, it's called 6-channel stereo in which, like you want, the same volume level is sent through all 6 speakers. I like using this for watching TV and the radio, it definitely fills the room more. I picked mine up for $300 about a month ago. Not sure if you want something more high end though. Here's a link for more info: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Ykp2jGV...=0&cc=01&avf=N

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks