Receiver for 6 speakers- Music Only (Under $800)

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Michael De Costa, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Michael De Costa

Michael De Costa Stunt Coordinator

After what seems to be endless posts here the conclusion for what I am looking for: To add speakers to my Living Room and Dining room might be best resolved using a separate receiver rather than adding an amp to my current HT set-up to power more speakers. I like this option becuase it will also provide me with a bit more flexibility in the set up as well.

The question is, what receiver can power 6 speakers at the same time with about 75 to 100 watts? I know most units are designed to run HT set ups, but I need a receiver that will send the SAME volume levels and signals to all 6 channels. It will be used for tuner, CD, and DTV music only. I would need decent power, but nothing earth shattering.

I don't want to purchase a receiver like my Denon 3802 that does not have a true A & B selector. Any advice?

2. Richard_B

Richard_B Stunt Coordinator

Maybe a Yamaha RX-V3300 will do what you're looking for.

3. Michael De Costa

Michael De Costa Stunt Coordinator

Richard, thanks. Finally a repsonse. I have been looming like a shark waiting for a response.

4. Harold Wazzu

Harold Wazzu Supporting Actor

On the lower end, my pioneer vsx-d912k does this, it's called 6-channel stereo in which, like you want, the same volume level is sent through all 6 speakers. I like using this for watching TV and the radio, it definitely fills the room more. I picked mine up for $300 about a month ago. Not sure if you want something more high end though. Here's a link for more info: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Ykp2jGV...=0&cc=01&avf=N