What's new

need a subwoofer for fluance sx-htb (1 Viewer)

Mikey Ber

Stunt Coordinator
looking for a subwoofer for fluance sx-htb system. looking at the sony sawm40 but feel I can do better for less money. any suggestions.

DaveLevey

Auditioning
I have the Sony WM40 and am quite happy, right after I bought the Sony I read all the Hype about the Parts Express DLS 10 and thought I made a bad choice, but as it turns out I did the make the right choice.

Dave Levey

greg baker

Stunt Coordinator
Keep in mind that the DLS is no longer available from parts express. I bought the jbl pb-10 from J and R for $199 and I am very happy with it.

Mikey Ber

Stunt Coordinator
I feel Sony puts alot of money in advertising. Wanted to try a dls 10...they must have been not making much money on that item. Thinking about jbl pb-10 though.

Mikey Ber

Stunt Coordinator
I just read this on a post from Jeff-Watson Posted: February 26th, 2003 :

I think I will just wait and see what happens.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Mikey,

That's what I'd do. The DLS 10" is a great sub. There's nothing out there that can touch it for the money. I'm tempted to call PE and see if they'll sell me one with the defective amp to use in our shop. I could care less if the auto sensing feature doesn't work properly.

Mikey Ber

Stunt Coordinator
I am going to wait for the dls-10 to come back. I am an anti-sony person. I am not saying that all of sony equipment is over-priced...or that I don't own anything sony...but when a company spends what they spend..from what I read around 30% on advertising..the consumer has to pick up the bill. They probably could sell the sa-wm40 for 99 dollars also if they didn't advertise so much. I do believe sony makes some quality items, but in most cases you can find that quality cheaper elsewhere.

I just purchased the Flaunce SX-HTB, cost $316.42...how could you go wrong. I read only positive reviews on these speakers. I have been looking and reading about audio HT for the last couple of months, and nothing seams to compare with the DLS-10 and Flaunce speakers for the price.

Jose G

Supporting Actor
Mike,
I have no idea of what a PSW 350 Polk will do for you, but it may serve as a hold me over sub at $149 from JandR.com. Also, some hear are pretty happy with their PB12's- though some have QC issues- heck so did the DLS. And if you can get the PB12 for less than $150- that might be another hold me over. The DLS is my hold me over sub and it rocks for the money- no question. HOpe it comes back soon for you.

Actually, Mike- I think I remember hearing a PSW 250 and was not impressed.

Brian,
C'mon, man- take on the DLS line:D

Jose G

Supporting Actor
By the way, Brian- I'm going to pass on that 15" driver- not sure if I sent you back the PM yet. I'm staying at a 12" max for now...I hope (actually the wife hopes even more). I have no idea where I'm going to put this thing anyway once I build it. Hey, I'll sell it to Mike;)

Just kidding, Mike

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Jose,

I can easily take on the DLS, just not for the same money. I could definitely compete with, and best, the other $200-$250 range subs though!

Jeff_To

Auditioning
Yeah my plan is to get the Fluance sx-htb as well and match them with a Pioneer VSX 912 and hopefully the DLS 10" when they get a new supplier that works well. I'm hoping that's before May 15 as I'm going to invite over my friends to watch first Matrix the night before we go to see Reloaded in the theaters and that sub would come in handy :).

Mikey Ber

Stunt Coordinator
Brian...getting a Rava sub...I like the Shiva driver and the red oak finish...thanks for your all your help.
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks