What's new

NEC LT150z?? (1 Viewer)

dreamen

Auditioning
I have decided on this projector, and would just like some basic info on what else I need. I have read posts on RP56?? and a RF Repeater?? My equipment will be in the back of the room, so I will need the repeater. I do not know what the RP56 is. I right now am not planning on using a HTPC but a progressive scan DVD, and a VCR. Not sure what the RP56 is and what is the best Repeater to get. I am open to suggestions on Receiver and DVD and what I will need in cables. Thanks for your help

John Chow

Second Unit
Um..ok, I'm not sure what you mean by RF repeater, and don't know why you would need one. The RP56 most likely refers to Panasonics cheaper Progressive Scan dvd player. Personally, I don't think you really want to run a vcr through a projector, since lack of quality is pretty painful on the eyes. Will all of the equipment be in the back of the room, or just the projector? If just the projector, you will need some good quality cables to go between dvd player and projector, since otherwise you will probably notice some picture degradation.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
The NEC has a native res of 1024x768, and even progressive scan DVD connected to it looks, to my eyes, poor. If you're not going to go HTPC, or a scaler which can send a better res than 480p-- I'd personally look into a different projector.

-Vince

dreamen

Auditioning
Hi

Thanks for the reply, I have also looked at the Infocus lp530 and was impressed but was not sure if it was worth the extra $$. But if I am not going to be happy with the 150z it would be money well spent. My guess is my projector would be about 14 feet from the front wall and ceiling mounted. My equipment would be back about 22 feet so would need cables from the equipment to the projector.

dreamen

Auditioning
One question I forgot maybe the RP56 I have read about is a Scaler? What is the cost of a Scaler and who makes a good one?

Thanks

dreamen

Auditioning
If I get the Infocus LP530 is the option video module needed or are there enough hookups for what I need?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks